• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Newbie Question....Fiberglass Bodies...

PHN

Loc.
Vero Beach, FL
I know it doesn't keep with any sort of original EB theme or anything but can I gat a popular quick opinon on fiberglass bodies on EB please?

I am looking at one in Tampa and need input to help cover my lack of experience....Thanks.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Nothing wrong with a fiberglass body!
Lots of people have them and they have obvious benefits.
If done right, I think it adds great value to a bronco.

:)

JedDaniel

Loc.
Jasper Alabama
Theese broncos on ebay keep selling so high We might all Need to go fiberglass and use all theese frames just laying around. I have been tempted many times to go all fiberglass myself.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
If its it Tampa I'm guessing that its a used body. (which might be a good thing)

Fiberglass bodies can take some time fitting and getting things to line up just right.

I'd ask what type of body it is as there were a few makers - then post back here with the name brand of the body and the approximate age and folks here can give you a good review.

But overall fiberglass bodies are great in my opinion - I wish I had one in NY!

EagertoLearn

Loc.
Harrisville
I am working on a used one right now. Just the bottom of the kick panels for cracks. As long as they are not massive they are easily fixed. I got one because rust was a big concern where I live.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Not a fan of Fiberglass, sorry. I like original steel bodies better. I think a steel body is worth more on a rebuild. If it's a trail rig or just for having fun, who cared. Run what ya brung

Deano

Bronco Guru
I like my fiberglass body! It was alot of work but worth it. No more rust is a plus!

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Looks like a nice truck. But it is hard to tell the quality of the work through the photo. And yes the price seems right!

OP
OP
PHN

PHN

Loc.
Vero Beach, FL
fiberglass body,302 c6 auto dana 20 transfer case b&m shifter 456 gears .new carb,electric fuel pump and holley regulator ,new one wire alt ,newbattery
electric fans,new paint,new corbeau seats ,rear seat.35 inch tires..bikini top,new headlights and all new light bezels,rhini lined inside
and much more

Last edited:

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I cant see the pics but by reading the description it sounds like its underpriced.

Fiberglass bodies run $4,000+ then there is all the body work required to get them to fit right.
C6 is a nice upgrade
New Paint (from who/where)?
Lots of other nice upgrades - gears, seats, liner, misc engine upgrades.

The average builder could have more than $7,000 just in the body and paint - something's not adding up for me (but again, I can't see the pics)

I don't get it - sounds too good to be true... Id ask a lot of questions before heading down - then REALLY check it out.

Some things I'd want to know:

Age of the body - brand, etc
When was the truck built
More info on drivetrain - status of engine, trans, t-case, axles
More info on the new paint job - is it a cover up or a nice job?

That should give you an idea of how well built this thing is.

The rest will come down to an inspection. Are you close? If not, maybe a local guy on this site can check it out for you.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
HERE are the pics....looks nice from the pics

Attachments

• 3pb3o53l65T35P85R2a3bfc811b528c4c10f3.jpg
    3pb3o53l65T35P85R2a3bfc811b528c4c10f3.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 3k53m43p65T65P95Raa3b6670030706761073.jpg
    3k53m43p65T65P95Raa3b6670030706761073.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 3n63o33l55Td5P05R4a3bcc5bdb471fde19a8.jpg
    3n63o33l55Td5P05R4a3bcc5bdb471fde19a8.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 58
OP
OP
PHN

PHN

Loc.
Vero Beach, FL
WOW. Thanks again for the input and help. Great bunch on this site.

I know this is no show truck and the chassis is ok....probably stiff sprung since FG is so light. Not trying to build or buy a beast, just trying to get something usable and a "good value" bbut it's worth what it's "worth to me" really huh...The owner bought it as half complete and finished it. He works for Ford dealer in his area.

Probably an Ok deal if it makes me happy is what I am guessing.....I'm about 3 hours away...but I have cash and aa trailer so it won't kill me if I get there and it sucks.....

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
If you got the cash I say go look at it. There are alot of great deals on broncos right now and the reallity is you just about never get back what you put into them. So the price may seem low but you dont know the sellers situation. He may really need to sell it! His loss your gain. Doesnt hurt to look!

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Thats a member on this site! Hang on - let me look - I remember that grill... Blue Bronco or something like that was his user name. Looked like a VERY nice truck.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I can't seem to find it - anyone remember this guy? I saw pics in the gallery when he first got it - I think it was orange at the time.

He did a lot of body work - custom grill with that newer ford piece in the center and he molded in the door inserts.

Looked like a great truck - I'd go and take a serious look at it. But its built for a warm climate with those molded inserts so keep that in mind.

Last edited:

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
I am very happy with my fiberglass body. I wanted to stay steel but I knew I would never have the time to change all the rusted metal. Fiberglass is a lot of work when new but it looks like someone has done all the work for you :). Double check how old the body is, I've heard of older versions warping due to wood reinforcement. Good luck the pics look like it's a nice truck.

OP
OP
PHN

PHN

Loc.
Vero Beach, FL
Known issues....

4 wheel drum brakes...no power assist.
Buckshot mudder tires...?
No wipers, lexan windshield
Suspension may be peiced together lift kit...rear shocks are questionable...may be over sprung for fiberglass body....
Underside not as pretty as surface...
No top but bikini top...

Last edited: