• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Nitrogen in tires

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This weekend I’ll be conducting an experiment by inflating worms with 75% AR / 25% CO2; comparing that to worms inflated with “regular air”, in an ASTM Standardized Earthworm Leak-Down Test.

I will report my findings.

Will those worms float ? If so , will a nitrogen filled worm catch more fish than a standard atmosphere air filled worm.
If this is the type of testing you intend to do , most definitly , post the pics of the results. :cool:

Come to think of it , can I join you on this ? You can hand me the worms in such a way that I cannot see what gas it is filled with .... just to keep it fair.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
You might just win the next nobel peace prize with this worldly research. And you didn't even have to blow smoke up the worlds ass with alot of BS speaches.;D

This could be huge! The world of science as we know it will be shattered. What if it creates a super earth worm?

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Does the shiny or dull side go out when your making a tin foil hat? I would think that the superior reflective abilities of the shiny side out would increase the efficiecny of said hat. Therefore increasing it's effectiveness in protecting the person wearing this fine head gear.

I wonder if Mike at "Polish my wheels" can put a little extra bling on my tin foil hat with the shiny side out?:cool:
Aluminum foil was first produced in 1903 as a label for pigeons. Pidgeos find the shiny side more attractive and easier to see. That is why you will never see an alien spaceship with shiny side out. You will however see an occasional balloon with the shiny side out when the balloon owners need media attention. When rolling up a potatoe or foil wrap meal for roasting, it makes no difference which side is out except for asthetics. The shiny/dull sides of aluminum foil is created in the final pressing process. The sheets are actually rolled in pairs and peeled apart and rolled and rolled seperatly. The side where the two sheets were together is the dull side.
The box of foil has tabs on either end that, when depressed, help to retain the roll in the box making dispensing much easier.
If any more good topics get started I'll be sure to jump right in! ;)

OP
OP
1970mule

1970mule

Bronco Guru
Success!!!

I Have Managed To Take Up Enormous Amounts Of Time That We Will Never Get Back. Lol

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Uh oh...

AP Wire, 04 Nov 09

Al Gore released a statement today, retracting many of his claims that CO2 was to blame for global warming. During his news conference, Mr. Gore stated: "What can I say? we messed up. Even the brightest and smartest climate experts thought it was CO2 at the root of the climate change problem..and it turns out that nitrogen is the real culprit. The first thing we looked at was how to remove the nitrogen from all the automobile tires and we have a patented extraction process that we will be distributing immediately, once the fees that will be charged motorists are worked out, of course

grs44310

Loc.
Akron, Ohio
Aluminum foil was first produced in 1903 as a label for pigeons. Pidgeos find the shiny side more attractive and easier to see. That is why you will never see an alien spaceship with shiny side out. You will however see an occasional balloon with the shiny side out when the balloon owners need media attention. When rolling up a potatoe or foil wrap meal for roasting, it makes no difference which side is out except for asthetics. The shiny/dull sides of aluminum foil is created in the final pressing process. The sheets are actually rolled in pairs and peeled apart and rolled and rolled seperatly. The side where the two sheets were together is the dull side.
The box of foil has tabs on either end that, when depressed, help to retain the roll in the box making dispensing much easier.
If any more good topics get started I'll be sure to jump right in! ;)

Someone has been watching "How its made."

grs44310

Loc.
Akron, Ohio
Will those worms float ? If so , will a nitrogen filled worm catch more fish than a standard atmosphere air filled worm.
If this is the type of testing you intend to do , most definitly , post the pics of the results. :cool:

Come to think of it , can I join you on this ? You can hand me the worms in such a way that I cannot see what gas it is filled with .... just to keep it fair.

Isn't all the nitrogen and/or air going to leak out when you stick the worm with the hook? Becareful not to over inflate the worms, they might explode and send worm guts and poo flying all over! :-X

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Isn't all the nitrogen and/or air going to leak out when you stick the worm with the hook? Becareful not to over inflate the worms, they might explode and send worm guts and poo flying all over! :-X

Nitrogen molecules are larger so they will get crossways in the hole the hook makes.

Johnny

I run helium in the front tires and lead in the rear tires... makes it easier to pull wheelies...

W650Mike

Loc.
Eastland, Texas
Preliminary Results:

I don’t know what to think of the preliminary results of my testing so I’ll just let the attached Before and After photos speak for themselves:

Attachments

• earthworm.jpg
    earthworm.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1
  • football.jpg
    football.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I run helium in the front tires and lead in the rear tires... makes it easier to pull wheelies...

OK..I'll bite. How you get that there lead inside them rear tars?

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sort of like being constipated after eating too many beans.:(

I was thinking more like what happens when you lose yr interwebs because the ones and zeros got tangled up in the cable and stopped it up.