• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

No power to ECM?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh, and that other one that’s on the fuel lines is in fact a pressure regulator.

The BAP and MAP are not something that you find together on the same engine. It’s either one, or the other. Not both.
And that’s it, so if you have a BAP sensor and no vacuum line connection to it, your set up is correct.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Absolutely! I’d forgotten about that but people definitely have suffered from spiders and mud Dauber plugs before. Not to mention the sensors just failing like any other electronic device.
Probably not big enough for a mud dauber to take interest in, but that was the first thing that I thought of when you mentioned bugs.
old age :)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Oh, and that other one that’s on the fuel lines is in fact a pressure regulator.

The BAP and MAP are not something that you find together on the same engine. It’s either one, or the other. Not both.
And that’s it, so if you have a BAP sensor and no vacuum line connection to it, your set up is correct.

yes don't forget the oh, and :D

stretch

Loc.
Montgomery, TX
I agree with Paul regarding the vacuum caps. Do yourself a favor and tap each of those unused lines and JB weld a small pipe fitting inside. On my rebuild, its taken me about 10-12 years, and in that time I had the cheap caps on the vacuum lines. Even without the engine operational, those caps deteriorated in my hands after the few years of sitting.