• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NORRA Mexican 1000

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh, good you found the thread. I almost linked off your post....

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
40, eh? Right on. Thats certainly enough reason to do something cool. If we went earlier, in October we could go down the San Felipe side and do the Petes Camp Poker run. It's a party. Then head down through Cocos Corner. That would be a few weeks ahead, but just another option

I like this option. My day is Nov 6 so we are right around there either way. Hard to decide what to do but family knows I love Baja and it's good weather down there around that time..... will keep all ya'll posted.

jeffreycustoms

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
I'm in the middle of watching the NORRA video, I can't believe you guys got your Broncos through that terrain - the silt looks brutal and some of those rocky downhills can't be easy. Nicely done...

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
One of my favorite shots from this years effort. Bay of LA, morning, enesset and Sam our fast attack chase driver prepping the truck with me.

Attachments

• IMG_4463.jpg
    IMG_4463.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
That's cool. We were camped out behind you. I think I was in the shower about the time you rook this. Those showers were nice!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
I like this option. My day is Nov 6 so we are right around there either way. Hard to decide what to do but family knows I love Baja and it's good weather down there around that time..... will keep all ya'll posted.

Crap -- I'm slow on posting! Count me in! This is perfect timing -- Let's do this.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I'd be totally down with that!!! Seriously!! That would be a freakin' blast! And I know my guys would play! Maybe base camp out of San Felipe or something??

I have one suggestion if we're gonna camp or motorhome it at San Felipe, there's a great campground at the south end of main st (Mar de Cortez) called Club de Pesca. You get hookups (no sewer but there is a dump station) and a palapa right on the beach. I've stayed there many times and know the owner for reservations..

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Oh hell yes Mark!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
For anyone following this thread that is interested in an adventure run in Baja on the San Felipe side (or at least starting there for a home base), I'm starting a new thread called 2014 Baja Adventure Run for everyone to lay out their ideas. I tossed the idea out to a couple friends and they're interested. The Pete's Camp Poker Run can at least get the party started :)

I thought calling the new thread The Norra 500 Step-Child but didn't want to offend anyone including myself ;D

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Nice write up! Congrats once again to team Kaysinger Racing :)

I didnt realize you were running a 331. I'm swaying that direction since I already have the 302. I just need to open it up to see how bad it really is. Great job guys.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I finally got around to shedding some light on what happened to my motor outside La Paz. We don't know where it came from as yet, but there was a piece of metal that jammed the oil pump impeller. It got past the screen, so were thinking it must be part of the pump itself. We'll have to examine the pump more closely to figure out just where it came from. After it lodged itself, the pump shaft twisted up like a candy cane then broke. My front 2 cylinders and rod bearings were toast causing the motor to bind up.

Attachments

• IMG_6629.jpg
    IMG_6629.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6125.jpg
    IMG_6125.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8837.jpg
    IMG_8837.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4030234467377874.jpeg
    IMG_4030234467377874.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 30

Letsgocrawling

Loc.
Tucson Az.
Racing puts this stuff into play, it's nice to figure out the issues when chit hits the bed or fan ----it's a labor of love;)The new 9" looks awesome. I'll be looking for your new motor installation reply soon. Keep up the good work, always a pleasure Randy!

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Thanks, I was glad in a way to see that what had happened wasn't due to lack of attention to what was going on with the motor (according to the gauges anyway) on my part. When it went, the first thing I looked at was temp (fine) then oil pressure (none).

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Man, that's a bummer. That pump rod sure did it's best to be flexible before snapping. Sorry that happened. Makes you wonder, like you said how it got past the screen...which makes me think it could have been a part of the end of the tube where it's brazed into the pickup "round". Like a careless cut during production. Maybe was hanging on by slag for years and bounced free outside Bay of LA.