• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Note to self....

DC_Gearhead

Don’t spend a day trying to figure out if your frame is torqued until you adjust your dang adjustable track bar to center your frame on the front suspension!!

I took my Bronco out for the first trip around the block. It was riding crooked as heck. Since I had installed all new Duff suspension, brakes, body mounts, shocks, etc. I figured it couldn’t be anything but the frame. Pissed as heck, I spent the next day taking measurements. It was way off...then my elementary school geometry and weight distribution logic kicked in. I measured the frame vs front end and it was kicked to the driver side by 2.5”. That put more weight on the driver side suspension and in turn was lower. I knew it was crooked but didn’t think about the weight distribution. Any who.....fixed it in 30 minutes with a come along and adjusting the track bar length. Easy breezy and common sense...if you think about it...but I didn’t.

Anybody else have a “note to self” situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Note to self:

Don't go crazy with ANY kind of wire brush to clean corrosion off battery cables. The corrosion can get in your eye. And it hurts.

Next day, it's much better, but still pretty aggravated. Maybe tomorrow I'll be back to normal.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Umm don’t touch if it is working fine, because it will break off and cause a bigger problem

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Or your work will expose more rust you hadn't seen!

Paul

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
Don't expect to go to a big box parts store and expect to get an understanding response when the ask y/m/m you tell them a 1969 Bronco wagon 351W and I need front disc brakes!

oldiron

Bronco Guru
Don't spend hours trying to diagnose a sudden lean to one side....only to have the wife point out the tire looks low on that side.%)

OP
OP
DC_Gearhead

DC_Gearhead

I have another one from yesterday, but it didn’t turn out well.

Don’t assume a weird ticking noise is just your new power steering pump. That “cam lobe” that you love so much could be caused by something else....something not so good.

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
Don't expect to go to a big box parts store and expect to get an understanding response when the ask y/m/m you tell them a 1969 Bronco wagon 351W and I need front disc brakes!

"Hi, I'm looking for an alternator plug."

"Year, Make, and Model?"

"1967 Ford Bronco"

"Engine Size?"

"3.9 Cummins"

"uhhhh..."

"Delco CS144 Alternator"

"........."

"Just let me in the back kid."

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
Don't bust out the big breaker bar to get that nut off until you've confirmed its lefty loosie and not lefty tighty haha.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DC_Gearhead

DC_Gearhead

Don't bust out the big breaker bar to get that nut off until you've confirmed its lefty loosie and not lefty tighty haha.

Wish you would have said this a couple years ago. Haha. I have a 70 Challenger and the damn lugs are reverse threads on the passenger side....

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
I smashed my hand into the concrete once because the bolt broke. I hope I don't make the lefty tighty mistake again.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Dealt with that TWICE today on SEPARATE projects!

abrdn419

Contributor
When trying to figure out why your Bronco will not start. Check the ignition wire on your MSD you unplugged the day before. When rerouting the wires in the engine bay. That is 5 hours I wont get back...

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Note to self... that black wire on your centech ignition switch is not a ground, but actually the "hot" ACC wire.....

Attac

Contributor
Note to self... that black wire on your centech ignition switch is not a ground, but actually the "hot" ACC wire.....

Hahahaha. That's what you get when you let your buddy drink while helping you wire up stuff ;D
Chuck

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
After changing starters twice you realize that the thing will not stay in the "park" position and will not crank unless you hold the selector in "park"! GRRR 2 hours gone...

OP
OP
DC_Gearhead

DC_Gearhead

After changing starters twice you realize that the thing will not stay in the "park" position and will not crank unless you hold the selector in "park"! GRRR 2 hours gone...

That’s a good one.

bsquared

Contributor
Note to self.....Don't let Jack Daniels help too much on your EFI install! Some drunk bastard (yours truly) let a nut slip down the rabbit hole and it found its' way to #1 piston. It ran, but not very well!

Attachments

• 1.4Cyl1PistonClose.jpg
    1.4Cyl1PistonClose.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 1.5Cyl1Head.JPG
    1.5Cyl1Head.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 79
  • BroncoDriver.JPG
    BroncoDriver.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 74
  • AfterHone.JPG
    AfterHone.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 9FinalSetup.JPG
    9FinalSetup.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 69

661buster1963

I know when the starter wire gets too hot to hold, and drips the insulation off of it that going to a 2 awg wire to carry the charge wont overcome the POS starter solenoid you already replaced; new doesnt always mean good.