• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Note to vendors: please don't litter your products with the Bronco script

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
I am sure many people wont agree with this, but, unless it came from the factory with the script, I probably don't want it on your new product. At least offer a version without the script because this kind of thing is getting out of hand... (flame suit on)

Can anyone locate a non-script floor mat? Maybe they came that way originally, I don't know, but it's what stemmed the rant. What about the bezel, are there any reproduction plastic steering bezels that don't have the script?

fm729_3.1275.jpg

scc7_1.1225.jpg

1856_Bronco_Script_Pedal_Pad_66_75_Bronco.jpg

MD1258small.jpg

OP
OP
E

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
Oops, looks like in a fit of rage I posted this to tech instead of chat. :p

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
For years we wanted that rubber/vinyl floor mat "with" the Bronco script because that was how it was originally.
So I am certain the vendors have or can get a plain one.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
It IS getting ridiculous. I knew what I was going to be driving when I bought it. 27 reminders in the cab alone isn't necessary. I find the fender emblems sufficient to let everyone know what kind of vehicle it is. IIRC the original mat did have the script though.

OP
OP
E

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
For years we wanted that rubber/vinyl floor mat "with" the Bronco script because that was how it was originally.
So I am certain the vendors have or can get a plain one.

OK, I'll give that one a pass if that's the case... Still would prefer a blank one. At least it is somewhat hidden being the same color as the mat.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
OK, I'll give that one a pass if that's the case... Still would prefer a blank one. At least it is somewhat hidden being the same color as the mat.

I think only two vendors went to the Script.

I "think" Duffs was still carrying the plain ones.

I believe WH, JBG, and TBP all went to the Script. It was in demand for awhile...

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The original rubber floor mats did have the script right where it is in the reproductions.
Both the plain black front-only mat, and the parchement/color coordinated full coverage textured mats had them as well.
I even cut mine out of the mats when they were no longer serviceable so I could someday stitch them into some carpet or blank rubber mat when I got around to getting one.

Never did of course, but still hoping for a repro full coverage parchment kit so be reproduced.
Not saying this against you Eric. I agree totally about the too many logos on things bit. Just that the one that really set you off this time was legit!;D

Paul

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Exactly why I went this route.

Attachments

• IMG_0750.jpg
    IMG_0750.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0681.jpg
    IMG_0681.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 127
OP
OP
E

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
Exactly why I went this route.

I'll see your Ford logo covers and raise you polished/ball-end milled covers. Although they are dirty in the picture, they are so much easier to clean. No logo, just simple. :cool:

It took me a while to find them (Hawaii racing had one set).

photo%2520%25288%2529.JPG

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I wonder if the bronco script on the steering wheel column is glued on and can be removed?

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
The Bronco script doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as the vendors putting their names/logos on parts.

I love the billet door window crank knobs and colored windshield knobs from NicksTrix but won't buy them because of the logo on them. Similar situation with the trac bar riser from Wildhorses. Why cut your logo into the metal? I don't want my Bronco to be a rolling advertisement.

As for the Bronco script stuff, many of the parts you posted pictures of can be purchased without it. The mat came with it from the factory originally so that reproduction makes sense.

OP
OP
E

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
Totally agree with that too! I won't buy anything from James Duff that is blue powdercoat. I had to get the bare radius arms when I ordered them last year.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I feel the same about bronco t shirts. Used to be scarce but gawd now they every where in every form n fashion.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
The Bronco script doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as the vendors putting their names/logos on parts.

^^^^^^this one. Dash knobs, shift knobs. Would love the billed shift knobs without the logo (or the tire tread). I would even buy an extra t-case knob for my 72 suburban. If you want us to sport your logo throw in a shirt with big orders or some stickers. Back about 20 years ago duffy, bc and wh threw in shirts with some of my stuff. Not to leave out toms, they were giving em out at fab ford's one year.

Swerve

I love the billet door window crank knobs and colored windshield knobs from NicksTrix but won't buy them because of the logo on them. Similar situation with the trac bar riser from Wildhorses. Why cut your logo into the metal? I don't want my Bronco to be a rolling advertisement.

As for the Bronco script stuff, many of the parts you posted pictures of can be purchased without it. The mat came with it from the factory originally so that reproduction makes sense.

I agree...I welded up the WH logo on my track bar riser...

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
It IS getting ridiculous. I knew what I was going to be driving when I bought it. 27 reminders in the cab alone isn't necessary. I find the fender emblems sufficient to let everyone know what kind of vehicle it is. IIRC the original mat did have the script though.
27 can't think of that many could be in the cab lol
Totally agree with that too! I won't buy anything from James Duff that is blue powdercoat. I had to get the bare radius arms when I ordered them last year.
The very reason they have the silver vein now:cool:
there were quite a few places that got in trouble for using the script a few years ago