• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Off to Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale! Pic links added!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

ericbee

Don't forget that the buyer pays 10% above the hammer price so, when we see an auction end at 20k, the buyer actually pays 22k.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
TBird later tonight: http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=735.1&aid=466

Capture-18.jpg

Will be interesting to see what this Challenger brings: http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=800&aid=466

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
#658 belonged to a former co-worker of mine for many years. He drove it to work and used it for hunting. Take a look at the window frames on it - cut off right behind the vent windows. I've never seen that before. And the holes for the hardtop have been filled so the hardtop's never going back on again.

Todd Z.
I thought something looked weird there but couldnt figure it out
Don't forget that the buyer pays 10% above the hammer price so, when we see an auction end at 20k, the buyer actually pays 22k.
Seller pays 8%. 18% for BJ on each car is amazing. $9mil in sales yesterday, probably over $14mil so far 2.5 days. They've already pocketed $2.5mil in commissions

I heard there's sales tax too? asinor can you confirm?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Seller pays 8%. 18% for BJ on each car is amazing. $9mil in sales yesterday, probably over $14mil so far 2.5 days. They've already pocketed $2.5mil in commissions

I heard there's sales tax too? asinor can you confirm?

They are rolling in a lot in the commissions, but the overhead for running an auction like this is equally astronomical. I hate to think of what the daily operating costs are.

I breezed through the auction on Wednesday afternoon. Overall I will say the quality of the vehicles is up. There are still plenty of WTFs, but not nearly the number of hack jobs as before. There was one Bronco in a tent was was really drool worth, forgot which lot it was and the search feature is down on the auction website now. GAS has the gulf colors on a '66 with the wrong tail lights, but a slick EFI airfilter.

I was picking up an engine after the show and brought a trailer. BAD IDEA! You have to use the special trailer lot somewhere near the mexican border. But drop the trailer hang the handicap placard off the mirror and park right in front.

I got out of the show with only buying a T-shirt.

Oakland Bronco

Loc.
San Francisco, CA
Ya after all the outdoor tents we head inside and hit the vendors, the main stage for an hour or so and then the nice cars in the back.

Bidding yet?

Gotta check out this Custom Vette, lot 5015:

Capture-17.jpg

That Vette looks sick, though I wish the interior wasn't so red. Beautiful build for sure.

OP
OP
asinor

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Sales tax if you do not have the car delivered out of state or don't have a dealers license. You pay taxes in the state you register it in.

The droolworthy one in the enclosed tent is lot # 3020 and is a charity auction for the Armed Forces Foundation.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The droolworthy one in the enclosed tent is lot # 3020 and is a charity auction for the Armed Forces Foundation.

Here's a few shots from that truck. Generally, I thought it was a pretty well-built truck. I liked the external gas cap, but it's probably going to take awhile to fill that tank with that fill tube shape. This was the first time I ever saw someone try and graft the '69-later turn signal lenses onto a 66-68 grill. The results were less than spectacular. And once again - people don't check their steering linkage clearances when they put these things together.

Todd Z.

Attachments

• IMG_0948 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0948 (Large).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0955 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0955 (Large).jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0975 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0975 (Large).jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0974 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0974 (Large).jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 62

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Here's some shots of the uncut dark blue '74: passenger side floorboard, tailgate, door post, and driver's side floorboard.

Todd Z.

Attachments

• IMG_0930 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0930 (Large).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0929 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0929 (Large).jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0928 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0928 (Large).jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0927 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0927 (Large).jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 70

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The black one - now an emasculated 2WD. No t-case shifter. No front driveshaft. Covered in dust (note the smiley face drawn on the hood). Unacceptable - my truck sitting out in the driveway right now has less dust on it than this.

Todd Z.

Attachments

• IMG_0934 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0934 (Large).jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0935 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0935 (Large).jpg
    121 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0936 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0936 (Large).jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 87

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
This was one of my favorites. An honest truck from what I could see - undercarriage didn't have any black-paint-covers-all-sins coating - just your usual Bronco undercarriage. No rust. Nice little automatic truck that you could probably get in and drive across the country. And the Dodge? hubcaps on it don't look bad. One loose piece of trim was all I could fine wrong with it.

Todd Z.

Attachments

• IMG_0932 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0932 (Large).jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 98

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
This was probably my favorite truck - a really nice '74 Explorer. The driver's side window glass was askew and the wheels weren't original (notice how the hubcaps sit proud away from the locking hubs) but it was a beautiful rig!

Todd Z.

Attachments

• IMG_0958 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0958 (Large).jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0961 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0961 (Large).jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I haven't seen one go across on speed yet? Has one been seen on TV ??

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
;D Thankfully -I saw NO ONE there this year with white socks and sandals!

Todd Z.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I haven't seen one go across on speed yet? Has one been seen on TV ??

A beautiful red one (probably the very same one in Todd's pics above) went across yesterday or the day before. I'm trying to remember the details, but I think it got up to about 25k. Don't even remember if it sold or not!
I guess I'm getting a bit jaded by Broncos at auction, to not even remember the details.

Haven't watched today's proceedings yet.

Paul

70rdstr

Loc.
Elizabeth
It's an electronic fuel injected 427 SOHC motor :eek:. I'll take better pics of it and its wirteup tomorrow.

That Blue fastback was put together here in Parker Colorado, by Bob Becker. The car was built from a wrecked fastback, by a man in Wyoming, in 68 or 69' raced here in Colorado with a cammer. Somewhere along the line, was retired, and drivetrain stripped, when Bob found it in Sheridan Co.
Bob had a SOHC built by Willie Mannon, in Arvada, and it's stroked to 482 cubes, with 14 to compression, and Hilborn injection.
Cool car, that went through the auction, last year, and is up for sale again this year.

Eric

OP
OP
asinor

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
This was probably my favorite truck - a really nice '74 Explorer. The driver's side window glass was askew and the wheels were original (notice how the hubcaps sit proud away from the locking hubs) but it was a beautiful rig!

Todd Z.

Yes, very nice, I looked at it for a new cb couple from Alaska. That blue/blue combo was beautiful.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2