• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Off to Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale! Pic links added!

OP
OP
asinor

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Fresh off the trailer

9uqeme2y.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
asinor

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
They are auctioning off the 2nd production car tonight at 8:30. I have some more pics on the camera that I will upload later. Hated the back of the car until I saw it in person.

OP
OP
asinor

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Holy fning crap Batman. Batmobile sold for 3.5, guy put it back in and it brought 4.2.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Here's a bunch of Bronco geeks at the auction on Wednesday evening. L-R: Andrew Norton (bajabronco), me, Randy from Driven 4x4 Parts, and Randy's dad, Chuck Harral. Chuck, until recently, owned an awesome old-school junkyard in Springfield, OR. I also had the pleasure of meeting forum member AndyP at the auction as well.

Top tip: find friends (in our case - Chuck and Randy) with bidders passes. They can get free drinks all day long!

Todd Z.

Attachments

• BJ.JPG
    BJ.JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 115

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Did I hear Jay Leno say "screw USA" ?? Thats what it sounded like??

andyp

Contributor
Did I hear Jay Leno say "screw USA" ?? Thats what it sounded like??

Yes he did but it was a joke and may have sounded out of context.
He was pulling hard to get more money for our injured veterans.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I believe they just said Kurt Bush has an EB comin up this afternoon....

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Seller pays 8%. 18% for BJ on each car is amazing. $9mil in sales yesterday, probably over $14mil so far 2.5 days. They've already pocketed $2.5mil in commissions

They are rolling in a lot in the commissions, but the overhead for running an auction like this is equally astronomical. I hate to think of what the daily operating costs are.

Yeah, but it's enough to "pay the bills" so far. Relatively speaking of course...

http://ktar.com/59/1598036/BarrettJackson-owner-shows-off-his-garage

Not sure if this has been posted or not, but I didn't see it here. This is worth checking out when you've got a few minutes and some drool-towels handy.

Paul

OP
OP
asinor

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Yeah that was crazy.......so are u bringing anything back to tulsa

Nope. We sold all of ours. Bid on the Copo Camaro and the Dick Harrell Camaro, but did not win.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Here's a bunch of Bronco geeks at the auction on Wednesday evening. L-R: Andrew Norton (bajabronco), me, Randy from Driven 4x4 Parts, and Randy's dad, Chuck Harral. Chuck, until recently, owned an awesome old-school junkyard in Springfield, OR. I also had the pleasure of meeting forum member AndyP at the auction as well.

Top tip: find friends (in our case - Chuck and Randy) with bidders passes. They can get free drinks all day long!

Todd Z.

Great shot Todd... Good to put faces to the names....

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nope. We sold all of ours. Bid on the Copo Camaro and the Dick Harrell Camaro, but did not win.

Just not the right price huh...

Glad you got all yours sold

OP
OP
asinor

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Just not the right price huh...

Glad you got all yours sold

In hindsight, we should have stayed in the Copo longer, it went for a song.
As far as getting sold, everything gets sold unless its one of their Salon cars with a reserve.

Really surprised that none of the Bronco guys hit me up while they were there.

andyp

Contributor
In hindsight, we should have stayed in the Copo longer, it went for a song.
As far as getting sold, everything gets sold unless its one of their Salon cars with a reserve.

Really surprised that none of the Bronco guys hit me up while they were there.

I should have called you but the time just seemed to fly past. It was an amazing week. The restomods were off the charts and I ain't talkin' bout trucks... :cool:

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I haven't seen one go across on speed yet? Has one been seen on TV ??
I think I saw 3 or 4 get a spot on TV. They talked about them quite a bit.
Covered in dust (note the smiley face drawn on the hood). Unacceptable - my truck sitting out in the driveway right now has less dust on it than this
The guy would literally have to dust it off every year with the amount of foot traffic through those open tents. If it was sold I could see not worrying about it but ya it was dirty

How has no one mentioned the black one that sold for $500k to charity?! I spent 20 mins drooling over that thing. The guys that built it were from Florida, nice guys. Knew a lot about the build. I think they said they have around $150k in it with labor. Tons of people around it

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=3020&aid=466

20130118_140752.jpg

20130118_140802.jpg

20130118_140008.jpg

20130118_135941.jpg

Red LUBR was a mess...

20130118_122519.jpg

20130118_122710.jpg

The Gulf Bronco

20130118_121302.jpg

20130118_121245.jpg

20130118_121339.jpg

Spotted this in the parking lot:

20130118_175924.jpg

I took 50 pics if anyone wants to see anything else

OP
OP
asinor

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
I think I saw 3 or 4 get a spot on TV. They talked about them quite a bit.

The guy would literally have to dust it off every year with the amount of foot traffic through those open tents. If it was sold I could see not worrying about it but ya it was dirty

How has no one mentioned the black one that sold for $500k to charity?! I spent 20 mins drooling over that thing. The guys that built it were from Florida, nice guys. Knew a lot about the build. I think they said they have around $150k in it with labor. Tons of people around it

I took 50 pics if anyone wants to see anything else

There is a whole thread dedicated to it :)
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218588

Took almost 700 pictures.
http://www.flickr.com/ajs1976
Check in the Sets for links to the Broncos.