• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Oh no!!! Big oly!!

Lewko66u13

Contributor
Loc.
Canada
Pulled these pics from face book… big oly got in some trouble. Love the fact it hasn’t just been sitting in a collection but man didn’t expect this.

Attachments

• CFC01740-10D0-4D69-9F24-50AF23AE456E.jpeg
    CFC01740-10D0-4D69-9F24-50AF23AE456E.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 237
  • C3361B36-6A6C-4326-8AEE-5FC2B50D2AFF.jpeg
    C3361B36-6A6C-4326-8AEE-5FC2B50D2AFF.jpeg
    241.9 KB · Views: 229
  • 0610BAA5-B29E-4BA2-8EF8-BC10A1786528.jpeg
    0610BAA5-B29E-4BA2-8EF8-BC10A1786528.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I saw this yesterday. There is video of the roll over. Stupid money does not make you a good driver.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I hate to see something as historical as Big Oly in the Bronco world get hammered like this... Considerable damage just from what you can see! It can be repaired I guess ,but then it's not like it was... its repaired...repainted.... not the same......😢😢😢

This seems like the perfect way to remove a 150K of worth from it!!

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
It is a bummer and sad to see... I may not have been pushing it as hard if I was the driver... I do think it's meant to be raced and that this damage just adds to the story. I'm sure it will be fixed proper, at least I hope so.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I hate to see something as historical as Big Oly in the Bronco world get hammered like this... Considerable damage just from what you can see! It can be repaired I guess ,but then it's not like it was... its repaired...repainted.... not the same......😢😢😢

This seems like the perfect way to remove a 150K of worth from it!!
That has been repaired and painted so many times it wont matter at all.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That has been repaired and painted so many times it wont matter at all.
It probably hasn't seen a repair in the last 25 years and I would guess that some of the repairs might be hard to make match/blend with older finishes and materials.... just my guess though...

I'm just glad I didn't spend 1.9m on it and trash it on the first run! LOL... Bax is right... You can't buy the skill...

syndicate1

Contributor
Worlds most expensive Bronco, $1.87M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
in a "class" where you are just out on a tour of the back roads of baja it's a shame the driver ran out of talent that quick n easy. he should have stuck with cars n coffee...
but hey at least he can now have the claim of being the only other guy besides PJ to roll big oly...

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
in a "class" where you are just out on a tour of the back roads of baja it's a shame the driver ran out of talent that quick n easy. he should have stuck with cars n coffee...
but hey at least he can now have the claim of being the only other guy besides PJ to roll big oly...
I agree... He was basically in a chill class but was pushing the vehicle beyond his limits it looks like. Not really worth it in a class like that...

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Have you seen the vintage care cars getting banged up at Goodwood? Yes, there is a risk to running them. but the warehouse they could be hidden in could burn down as well.
Few years back Jay Leno was in Hemi under glass when it rolled. They fixed it.
Tough to see vintage stuff getting beat up, but also good to see it getting out. Not like this was a pristine survivor, it was raced hard in the past. Not a big deal.

nickgp

Bronco Guru
As my good friend, Baja legend, Jack Johnson would say, (and like Nick previously said) "He just ran out of talent!". Curious who that was and who shelled out the big bucks for such a huge piece of history.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Have you seen the vintage care cars getting banged up at Goodwood? Yes, there is a risk to running them. but the warehouse they could be hidden in could burn down as well.
Few years back Jay Leno was in Hemi under glass when it rolled. They fixed it.
Tough to see vintage stuff getting beat up, but also good to see it getting out. Not like this was a pristine survivor, it was raced hard in the past. Not a big deal.
^^^This^^^

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
If it had to get in an accident, this was the way to do it. And they kept going which is fantastic.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Saw the video, he was doing donuts and rolled it

edit: Todd explained what happened on page 3 of this topic. Rear brakes locked up which sent him into a spin, hit the soft stuff and it rolled. The video I saw is gone now.

Last edited:

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
he was doing donuts and rolled it
picard-face-palm.gif