• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Old guys with cool cars

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I was at the auto parts store last weekend picking up parts to fix the Z-28 when the parts kid noticed the Bronco parked out front. He asked, how come old guys get the cool cars? I told him, not by shagging parts all your life. Stay in school!
Isn't it amazing how your attitude is changed by raising a family?

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
I worked at NAPA for years, and a GM parts department when I was in college. I thought the same thing -- why do all the geezers have the cool cars?

Now I'm approaching geezerhood, and I have all 'the cool cars'... but I'm not pounding parts any more. Coincidence? I think NOT!

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was at the auto parts store last weekend picking up parts to fix the Z-28 when the parts kid noticed the Bronco parked out front. He asked, how come old guys get the cool cars? I told him, not by shagging parts all your life. Stay in school!
Isn't it amazing how your attitude is changed by raising a family?

Great response from an "old guy"!!! A classic. I would have said the same thing to the young clueless bucks of today!!

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I'm just glad you old geezers know how to use a computer so you can help out the young whippersnappers like myself :p

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
Am I an old geezer at 46? It took me a while to figure out how to post pics on ebay about 10 years ago. But I can read a tape measure (with the marks and know exactly what they are) can you young ones do that? ie. 44 1/4" cut the mark.

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Am I an old geezer at 46? It took me a while to figure out how to post pics on ebay about 10 years ago. But I can read a tape measure (with the marks and know exactly what they are) can you young ones do that? ie. 44 1/4" cut the mark.

Do I smell Tech Article? ;D

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.

This is like being able to tell time with an analog wrist watch.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms

Contractor friend of mine hired a new guy and when he brought him a board, he asked how long it was. "12 foot 1 1/2 inch and 3 of them little marks."

He had another one when he asked for one 4 1/2 feet, he came dragging one about 12' long. He asked " Did you cut that 4 1/2' ? Yes sir, I measured it twice.

fordtrucksrule

Im a young wippersnapper 23YO and i have one of those cool old cars. but ive worked very hard to get and build it to the condition its in today. but ive enjoyed every minute of it. Yes i can read a tape measure and a calaper (the old dial indicator type).

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Im a young wippersnapper 23YO and i have one of those cool old cars. but ive worked very hard to get and build it to the condition its in today. but ive enjoyed every minute of it. Yes i can read a tape measure and a calaper (the old dial indicator type).

I guess being able to read and being able to spell are two different things...

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. ;)

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
Izzy thanks for not picking on me. Stupidboy tells me that he uses spell ck. WTF I ain't got the time. I am shoot point then aim. And I miss a few, those quail are fast and so are the dove.