• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Oops.....

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
I think mud becomes a problem when it gets inside the windshield, dash and the rest of the cab.............

Attachments

• DSC01981sm.jpg
    DSC01981sm.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC01970sm.jpg
    DSC01970sm.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC01967sm.jpg
    DSC01967sm.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC01568.JPG
    DSC01568.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC01570.JPG
    DSC01570.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 30

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Ya Mad that's what I'm talking about I don't like it when you open one door and it runs out the other ....I don't like to walk ...
Blue Beer ....our local name for the cheap beer I drink milwake best light or The Beast....

Mark@Wildhorses

last saturday when we drove the bronco for the firs time in a week i got a little mud on it. well there's a creek not too far away with pavers in the bottom of it. i thought they went the full length of the creek, I WAS WRONG! my intentions were to wash the mud off the tires, but instead i got it worse! even got a little mud on the hood and windshield. the other side was way worse, it was wet mud...

Mud??? Where?? LOL!! Have fun cleaning it, it took me years to clean this off my rig

Mark@wildhorses

Attachments

• stroppemud 640x480.jpg
    stroppemud 640x480.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 41

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Yeah, I'm not see'n any mud either.

This is what mine looked like the last time it was in the mud. Man was that fun!! :p

Attachments

• 100_3654.jpg
    100_3654.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 27

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Here was a nice little splash. No top either, the kid in the back got a face full of goo ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• mudpuddle.jpg
    mudpuddle.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 24

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
Yeah, I'm not see'n any mud either.

This is what mine looked like the last time it was in the mud. Man was that fun!! :p

Pat,
That's what I call mud...

Are you back from your Ultimate Adventure?

Was this from your trip?

You got to start a thread and tell us about it...

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
The dirt on 73stallion's rig would be called road spray around here.
I've had more mud than that on my wife's Focus.%) She wasn't too happy.;D

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's not mud, this is mud. (In best crocadile dundee accent)

here's a pic of the kinda stuff we see here in the south.

The second one is not mud per se, but there is mud under the water.

Think the f-150 has 38s, and yea that picture did cost him a front axle.

Attachments

• wallofmud.jpg
    wallofmud.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 15
  • sunk.jpg
    sunk.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 16

TexasRox

you think that mud is bad you should try it in the face then drive another 10 hours along the baja peninsula. Now that's MUD and loads of fun

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
my two cents!!

hope none of that water or muddy water seeped into your engine block. water, like cats, doesn't agree with my bronco. i learned a very expensive lesson once when i took a 4runner into the water. needless to say, I had to abandon that 4runner in the azusa hills in california.

good luck!

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Neither of those are mine, but we went through the same stuff, maybe not the same line though.

...see thread about rear wheel bearings...

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Here in Central Florida we have MUCK.
Just go get some potting soil, add water. The Muck is just nasty stuff.
Just ask Yank, There is no better smell in the morning than Central Florida Muck on the exhaust.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Hehe - this weekend I rebuilt all the front wheel bearings, changed the oil, and pumped sand, mud, and water outa the front diff from this little "incident" Oh yeah - I also had to tear down my KC's to get the water and sand out of the housings...

Flooded.jpg Flooded2.jpg

Tried winching out - tied my buddies Jeep to a tree and the rope snapped after my truck started moving. Got a huge tow truck and yanked me out after I went swimming to put j-hooks on the axle housing... As they were discussing how to drag me out of the woods I hooked up the starter wire back up and started it up via my remote start and to their astonishment - drove it out of the pit and hit the next obstacle!

I'll post up the pictures from my buddies camera - they don't show up at work...

I drove it home after this trip - 3 bent wheels, 2 broken leaf springs, 1 bent driveshaft, a flooded interior, a blown bead, trail damage, and hail damage!

Last edited:

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
nicely done...making it home is the impressive part.

Built Ford Tough!

I'm going to trailer it to AVF though - the bent drive shaft doesn't help, nor the fact that EVERY time I drive there I end up melting down a wheel bearing less then 10min from home.... ;D