• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Parchment sport floor mat.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've always wanted the cloth houndstooth stuff myself. Maybe ginger, or maybe some custom matching color. Along with an appropriately colored floor mat.
But since everything else in my '68 is parchment and almost new, I'm going all in with the parchment theme.
Maybe I'll still have time to have both my cake and eat it too. Which is why, for now at least, I've got two Broncos!
Now, if I only had the time... :(

Paul

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
Your in CA what else you have to do, fight fires? Since my Wind Blue looks good with the white theme, it's got black inside right now but finding good blue houndetooth interior is ruff and parchment interior is abundance, so it ran through my brain for a moment.
Nothing wrong in eating your cake, as long as it's good cake and not dry! Or a gal of milk!

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
Broncos? No! Houses? Definitely NO! Black seats, panels, armrest and mat for Parchment seats, panels, armrests, yes!🤔

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
Hey DirtDonk, LBUr LUVr and I were talking, I'm amazed at her knowledge, you being in NC I figure you're about a 1000 miles from me, LBUr LUVr goes to swap meets that features Broncos parts, sometimes, do you know of any up here closer in my direction? I sure miss those Ole swap meets! Oh and we were talking also about the new parchment mat, I want to get the blue theme back and the parchment is more expensive but verses thr black mat I think it's better to paint as black is muck darker and could change the tint of the blue?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would tend to agree with that assessment.
In fact, I’m debating whether I should add little blue highlights to my parchment mat to bring it into the theme of my Peacock Blue, 68.
It’s not that critical, though, so I’ll probably never get around to it.

But adding the parchment colors to my black mat seemed to make sense, because I remember most of the originals as having black highlights. Not the light gray highlights that the new reproduction has.
Maybe they showed the black only after some wear and tear, but I think it was too evenly spaced for that.
I guess I’ll have to go look at my original tan mat again to see if that’s where I’m remembering the black from.

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
I've always wanted the cloth houndstooth stuff myself. Maybe ginger, or maybe some custom matching color. Along with an appropriately colored floor mat.
But since everything else in my '68 is parchment and almost new, I'm going all in with the parchment theme.
Maybe I'll still have time to have both my cake and eat it too. Which is why, for now at least, I've got two Broncos!
Now, if I only had the time... :(

Paul

I would tend to agree with that assessment.
In fact, I’m debating whether I should add little blue highlights to my parchment mat to bring it into the theme of my Peacock Blue, 68.
It’s not that critical, though, so I’ll probably never get around to it.

But adding the parchment colors to my black mat seemed to make sense, because I remember most of the originals as having black highlights. Not the light gray highlights that the new reproduction has.
Maybe they showed the black only after some wear and tear, but I think it was too evenly spaced for that.
I guess I’ll have to go look at my original tan mat again to see if that’s where I’m remembering the black from.
Would you have an opinion on the blue shade color on the 74 Explorer? I don't know how to attach the inside of the Blue Explorer but if you go into my pics I think you can see, I was actually thinking a Ford Woodwedge Blue, it's lighter but I don't think I'll ever be able to match! Now when you say cloth houndstooth do you me ginger stirling?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think one way to get an exact match would be to have some custom made.
Personally though, I don’t think it has to match the exterior paint exactly. Just a complementary blue would be good enough.

When I said cloth hounds tooth, I simply meant generically.
Because all the sports, explorers, and rangers had some variation on that in various colors. So for me, no specific color was implied.
But the tan/ginger was one that went with a lot of different color vehicles. Would have looked good in a green one I think, even though they had a green version.

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
I tend to agree with you on the mat and with me going with a Ford Woodwedge Blue, I truly think I'd get the closest to the color match on a parchment mat, black is too dark of a color to paint a light color. Wouldn't be nice if we were back in 70 through 77

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
NGA is selling his 74 and boy is it nice, according to the Marti Report came out of the same plant

f2502011

For those that have purchased these, did the front and rear match each other? I got a set and the color difference between the two pieces isn't acceptable.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Been meaning to open mine up, but I haven’t done so yet.
Guess I’ll do that in the next couple days, just to check that aspect.