• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Parts for Broncos in Canada

Smarty6

Loc.
Saskatchewan, Canada
Anybody know of a good parts place in Canada, or someone that has decent shipping rates to Canada? I just got my first Bronco and hopefully you guys Can point me in the right direction.

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
I dont care what anyone else says, but a common complaint from me, here.

Calgary AB based, I have ordered from Toms, Duffs and WH. Everytime I have asked for shipping by Mail, even for a freakin Windshield gasket, was refused and was shipped by UPS.

I havent tried BC broncos but I sure hope Chuck is lenient and understanding to his customers north of the 49th.

There is a place in Vancouver, name slips me for a bit here but they supposedly have Dennis Carpenter pieces. Unfortunately for me, my bronco is for trail use, once she gets dented in, who cares!

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Smarty6 said:
Anybody know of a good parts place in Canada, or someone that has decent shipping rates to Canada? I just got my first Bronco and hopefully you guys Can point me in the right direction.
Yea know a couple of places.
What you looking for??
TOFIC

Snowblind

Loc.
Petawawa, On
I hear ya, I'm on the East coast in NS and find shipping a killer especially when they ship UPS instead of USPS and extra brokerage fees are added!
When I was living on Vancouver Island, B & W out of Cobble Hill (250-743-3274) carried a lot of Denis Carpenter parts as well as a large used parts inventory. Depending where you live, I think the easiest thing if you can, is to drive across the border and get the work done and drive back the next day. Customs folks would rarely pick up subtle mods on your truck.
Looking back now, I should of done more on my truck when I was living out West but who knew I'd be in NS, far far away from any parts stores.
I want a Crab Cage from Rob but the company he uses doesn't ship cross border so I'm trying to figure out how to get one. I'm too far from the border to sneak across so if anybody knows a trucking company who can deliver, let me know.

Snowblind

OP
OP
S

Smarty6

Loc.
Saskatchewan, Canada
Saskatchewan Flatlands

I'm Just Starting to rip into a 71, and I'm sure i'm going to need some parts. I'm looking for a two inch lift. I'll need a powerbrake kit and maybe a power steering kit too. I'm also looking at new flares front and back. Thanks for the help

doghows72

Bronco Guru
The problem with shipping good by USPS to Canada is that we have no way of tracking the goods. We have to hope they arrive to you. We have tried in the past and sometimes it take up to thirty days for the USPS to get goods across.
I have a few customers that have us ship to a brokerage house in the US and they intern send it over. Seems thay can add smaller orders to their larger containers and save every one money on those.
If anybody has any suggestions on this let us (bronco houses) know bacause we would like to make it easier on all you guys up north. Steve H. :cool:

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Smarty6 said:
I'm Just Starting to rip into a 71, and I'm sure i'm going to need some parts. I'm looking for a two inch lift. I'll need a powerbrake kit and maybe a power steering kit too. I'm also looking at new flares front and back. Thanks for the help
I got a old vacuum power brake setup you can have cheap
Send me a PM
2 inch lift go to Chuck at BCBroncos US out of New Mexico I think,, good people. OR do a body lift and save some major bucks and still get your wheel clearance.
Power steering is touchy, Last I used was Ebay. Its the PS box you need to find the rest is easy.
Flares, Id say Chuck or Duffs (ugh that word). other than that keep looking in the parts stores in Regina or Swift Current. Found some in some flakey places.
Where in Flat land you from?? Got relatives in Carlyle.

TOFIC

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
walker949 said:
I got a old vacuum power brake setup you can have cheap
Send me a PM
2 inch lift go to Chuck at BCBroncos US out of New Mexico I think,, good people. OR do a body lift and save some major bucks and still get your wheel clearance.
Power steering is touchy, Last I used was Ebay. Its the PS box you need to find the rest is easy.
Flares, Id say Chuck or Duffs (ugh that word). other than that keep looking in the parts stores in Regina or Swift Current. Found some in some flakey places.
Where in Flat land you from?? Got relatives in Carlyle.

TOFIC
you guys aint Canadiens, not a one of you end a sentance in EH?
;D

Jamers

Loc.
Van,BC,Canada
Try www.bc4x4.com. There are lots of bronco guys on this site, mainly from the Lower Mainland area. One guy is actually selling a bunch of stuff right now, including power steering stuff.

I ordered a heater seal kit from Duff's, it cost me twice what the parts were worth shipping them and brokerage fees. It sucks, try to find stuff in Canada! I have a bronco friend that lives in Point Roberts, WA, so getting parts is a little easier if I need. ;)

OP
OP
S

Smarty6

Loc.
Saskatchewan, Canada
Thank you

This is a great start, Since I just got the bronco, it might take me a little while to set up a game plan on what needs to be done vs what I want to do. The vacuum brake set up is definitely something I'm interested in. Thanks again for all the great leads.......EH.

6thBronco

Loc.
BC Canada
Take off...there's fellow hosers on this forum?! Beauty. Word of warning about B & W out of Cobble Hill eh, it's run out of a guy's igloo not an accual store. I'll bet the sled team that there's no better way to get parts up here than the good ole USPS. I've done over 500 cross border deals on Ebay and NOT ONE lost item and only one was the puck in the midnight game(round box eh). I'm in everything from Model As to Falcons and there simply is nobody up here that wouldn't fit the term middleman. Order from our wonderful thawed nieghbours to the south! And don't forget to feed the dogs!

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
Smarty6 said:
This is a great start, Since I just got the bronco, it might take me a little while to set up a game plan on what needs to be done vs what I want to do. The vacuum brake set up is definitely something I'm interested in. Thanks again for all the great leads.......EH.
thats better , iwas in Lynden today and heard a few Ehs

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
feitctaj said:
thats better , iwas in Lynden today and heard a few Ehs
EH what??? Lynden Saskatchewan eh?? Jesus, did you pack your parka, you know its a little chilly up here, had to put on a sweater it got to 20 below with a small breeze with it (40 mph) Nice day though sunny!!
Feitctaj you slay me!! I guess I am no better than anyone else because I thought Californians had an accent unit Madgyver phoned me one day. A defenite cultural experience and I am pleased to call MAD a friend.

AS to suppliers, I must agree the post office is the only way to go. FEDEX and UPS just love shafting us guys and I still am fighting with UPS on a paid invoice. Will never use those lying thieving crooks again.
Love dealing with Chuck though good people (BCBroncos) wont go near Duffs (Richards got some work to do) and have had good experiences with Toms. (cant remember the guys name, was during the mass buy for twin sticks but he was real helpful)

I am rambling so signing off and going to play with my Bronco.
TOFIC

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
walker949 said:
EH what??? Lynden Saskatchewan eh?? Jesus, did you pack your parka, you know its a little chilly up here, had to put on a sweater it got to 20 below with a small breeze with it (40 mph) Nice day though sunny!!
Feitctaj you slay me!! I guess I am no better than anyone else because I thought Californians had an accent unit Madgyver phoned me one day. A defenite cultural experience and I am pleased to call MAD a friend.

AS to suppliers, I must agree the post office is the only way to go. FEDEX and UPS just love shafting us guys and I still am fighting with UPS on a paid invoice. Will never use those lying thieving crooks again.
Love dealing with Chuck though good people (BCBroncos) wont go near Duffs (Richards got some work to do) and have had good experiences with Toms. (cant remember the guys name, was during the mass buy for twin sticks but he was real help

I am rambling so signing off and going to play with my Bronco.
TOFIC
Sunny but windy. I always have my parka, specially when above the boarders, naw I like to give Canucks crap cause they give me crap when,,,,,
Ask me to say roof :-[

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
i am curious though guys up north,
If I had a connection(hypotheticly), and he came down to Mt, Vernon, or SUMAS, cause he was selling KTMS and Hondas to the natives here and bringing one at a time accross the boarder. WHy could he not have me give him parts to dump in the Canadian post to go to you folks, if he was not having trouble with bikes , why would he have any other trouble going back? ;)

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
feitctaj said:
i am curious though guys up north,
If I had a connection(hypotheticly), and he came down to Mt, Vernon, or SUMAS, cause he was selling KTMS and Hondas to the natives here and bringing one at a time accross the boarder. WHy could he not have me give him parts to dump in the Canadian post to go to you folks, if he was not having trouble with bikes , why would he have any other trouble going back? ;)
Hyphothetically of course he shouldn't unless his sales are a little left of the legal side. If he is selling to natives (ie native as in people living on a Indian Reservation) this is a totally different story. That game has a whole different set of rules believe me. If he is taking things up to be mailed in Canada he would still have to declare them at the border for customs and duty fees and he would have to pay them.
I assume we are speaking hypothetically of course.
TOFIC

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
walker949 said:
Hyphothetically of course he shouldn't unless his sales are a little left of the legal side. If he is selling to natives (ie native as in people living on a Indian Reservation) this is a totally different story. That game has a whole different set of rules believe me. If he is taking things up to be mailed in Canada he would still have to declare them at the border for customs and duty fees and he would have to pay them.
I assume we are speaking hypothetically of course.

TOFIC

No but hypotheticly, he is Titleing them in WA and , Never mind , you know what I mean, but perfectly leagl here !

tml

Loc.
Ontario, Canada
parts

Smarty6 said:

Smarty6 I live over here in Ontario I may be able to help you, not sure. I have connections with a guy over on the NY side where I get all my parts sent to. I generally order all my parts from Jeff's and have them shipped to his NY address and he brings them over for me. I notice that there is a few Canadians that have similar problems maybe we can work something out. I'll talk to him in the upcoming days, pick his brain..

What are the main concerns. Shipping costs? Exchange?? Duty?? Taxes ect??? let me know jodoin22@hotmail.com