• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Parts for Broncos in Canada

drscotch

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
I'll pay the courier shipping fees thanks. In my experience the hand off between USPS and Canada Post can be a black hole. When that happens, kiss whatever you paid for goodbye.

I sometimes use a customs broker account (like Cole International) which provides me with a US shipping address to get around those "only ship to USA" eBay listings. Depending on the weight, country of origin etc. of the shipment this can save a few bucks but always delays the shipment by at least a few days. Duty is rare as a result of "free trade" so it's really the brokerage fees that get you. One suggestion: if the company you work for does a lot of cross boarder shipping they'll likely have a preferred rate for brokerage. See if they'll let you ship stuff on their account. Sometimes you can also get a better rate if you create your own UPS account.

So far, Jeff's and BC have been willing to use my company's UPS shipping account, WH refused. I haven't bought anything from WH :) .

Stefan

Canuck

Loc.
Corunna Ontario
parts

I used to live in Cobble Hill on Vancouver Island ,I know B&W well . I found his parts were very competetivly priced. B&W deals in pretty much any old vehicle. His son has a seperate company(I have sold him used parts) . He deals with the 66-77 bronco parts ,mainly through James Duff in Squim WA.
I have found him to be a bit deer! and he has a bit of a CHIP !!!!

I now live in southern ontario near Michigan. I deal with Jeffs Broncograveyard. I have nothing but HIGH PRAISE for there staff. They will get it to you any way you want and @ a reasonable price.

pygmy63@netscape.ca

Back West this summer-- Alberta/B.C

OP
OP
S

Smarty6

Loc.
Saskatchewan, Canada
Brokerage fees$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The only way that I've found to get rid of most of the brokerage fee, Is for the shipper to declare a value of less than 20 bucks. They can also declare is as a warrenty part (no value) or as a gift. Large companies refuse to do this. Something about fraud (wussies)
The other reason I would like to know of some canadian companies, is that if I'm in Edmonton, or Regina, Winnipeg maybe I could actually see what I'm getting instead of just pictures.

Jamers

Loc.
Van,BC,Canada
Do you think Chuck @ BC's wants a Canadian franchise? I am finishing school soon...lol...It might be a decent idea so we can escape excess shipping and brokerage charges. Many other factors to research though.

6thBronco

Loc.
BC Canada
I have settled on a winning combo that saves time and money. I ask the send to use USPS insured but show a value of $12US. That flys under the customs radar but forces the seller to show they accually shipped. Now stores don't want to do this but most of us have someone down there to relay it to us.

OP
OP
S

Smarty6

Loc.
Saskatchewan, Canada
Watch out...

Make sure your sender doesn't send you a receipt in the box or some sort of invoice stating the true cost. Apparently if they open the box at customs and find it you can be in big s**t.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Totally off the subject....

My wife sent me an air filter housing from Canadian Tire for my 73, when she still lived up there. Two years ago my wife and I went back to BC for her brother's wedding. We took a side trip to James Duff's and I picked up a few small but heavy parts. I just knew we'd get popped at the border going back to BC, but they missed it. Then I was worried about customs coming back into the US, but no problem.

J.D.