• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Peel & Seal

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think the foil would take a paint pretty well, though I have not tried it. I can say I would not want this to be the top layer of the tub, i.e. no carpet. If you wanted to go that route, get a spray in bedliner instead.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Stopped by Lowes to see what they had and could only find Tite Seal:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_124018-8132...l&pl=1&currentURL=?Ntt=window+seal&facetInfo=

4" by 33' for $9. Also has a 9" by 50' for $19

Going to do the firewall and fenderwells and see how much more I need to finish the floor

095959004339_04489244.jpg

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Follow up on this.

So far, no complaints. Never the first whiff of asphalt.

I've seen some reviews on jalopyjournal about using this on the roof. My hardtop oilcans quite a bit and the sub makes it sound like a snare drum. I'll post back with before/after pics of the hard top and results.

gnpenning

Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Glad to see you revived this thread with updates as to how it's working for you. Good to see you're still happy with it.

On a side note I have a completely unrelated project that this was what the doctor ordered. Prefect timing for a reminder. Thanks

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Follow up on this.

So far, no complaints. Never the first whiff of asphalt.

I've seen some reviews on jalopyjournal about using this on the roof. My hardtop oilcans quite a bit and the sub makes it sound like a snare drum. I'll post back with before/after pics of the hard top and results.

Glad to hear it..

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
there are various thicknesses on sound mats. check the specs. that flashing tape is maybe 30% the thickness.
i've used lots of roadkill and ballistic. never had any smell issues.

HuffDaddy

HushMat all the way. Most people use 5 times more than they need though. I am in the car stereo biz and swear by the stuff. Plus made in beautiful KC MO and not China. Covering every square inch is fine but just adds extra weight and wastes money imo. Smaller squares in the middle of each metal panel performs 90% as well as covering the whole car.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
HushMat all the way. Most people use 5 times more than they need though. I am in the car stereo biz and swear by the stuff. Plus made in beautiful KC MO and not China. Covering every square inch is fine but just adds extra weight and wastes money imo. Smaller squares in the middle of each metal panel performs 90% as well as covering the whole car.

I remember being taught that at Audio Excellence in Orlando back in 1990.
Still true today.
Some people just want to cover every square inch...$$$