• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pistola... West Texas Bronco Buildup

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Seagull grey;) I like the monochromatic look

Is that a swatch chart or just color chart? Make sure to get swatches before you order to hold up to your bronco

OklahomaBroncoB

Loc.
Bixby Oklahoma
Just got done reading the whole thread an have got to say that you have put together one hell of a machine there! Oh and yeah the Seagull Grey looks like the way to go.:thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
After screwing around with the grill to fender clips for way too long, I'm scrapping them and just going to use bolts, washers, and locknuts. Makes the gap a little smaller but it's a much bigger PITA.

texasft

If I may, how did you bend the upper radiator hold-down clamps to fit the radiator? Thanks for the help, you have done one heck of a job on Pistola!

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
If I may, how did you bend the upper radiator hold-down clamps to fit the radiator? Thanks for the help, you have done one heck of a job on Pistola!

Those were kind of a PITA as I recall. I think I put a set of skinny vice grips on the end you put the bolt through. Then I just gently bent it by hand and test fit it many times until it was perfect. It's not a hard thing to do. Those things definitely don't come ready to go. Thanks for the compliment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Can anyone tell me the best way to get the vent window rear rubber piece riveted back onto the vent frame? I'm having major hell with it. I tried pop riveting it back in, but didn't realize that my forward main window felt would'nt fit in the track with those rivets sticking out the vent window. Then I tried the rivets that came with the rubber pieces. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get a good set rivet without it being wobbly. I'm about to just epoxy them in place. Yet another set back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
I ended up reinstalling aluminum pop rivets and then beating the back end almost flush with a punch. The forward window track now fits Should hold forever being that there's no real forces being put on it.

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Here's the plan. Today - reinstall the grille (still doesn't fit perfectly with the driver's side fender but I'm tired of messing with it. I think I need to get another new fender later on to make it right). Install lights, bezels, and turn signals. Tomorrow - Install windshield (Thanks WH YouTube video), door weatherstripping, door to windshield weatherstripping, minor door adjustment to get them just right. I think I may have to put some thin washers behind the upper hinge on the driver's door to get the back to come down.

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Windshield and Roll Bar

Got the grille back on yesterday, put everthing on it, but didn't torque it to the fenders yet. Today with the help of my dad and BorderBronco (Josh) I got the new windshield and seal in using the YouTube video by Wild Horses as a guide. Worked very nicely and fits well. Set the roll bar in the back to begin getting a test fit. Looks like my driver's door rear needs to go down a bit and my passenger side needs to go up a bit. Also got my master cylinder painted this morning. Tomorrow hopefully I'll get the door weatherstripping on.

Attachments

• Rollbar4.JPG
    Rollbar4.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 167
  • Rollbar5.JPG
    Rollbar5.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 186
  • Rollbar2.JPG
    Rollbar2.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 194
  • Windshield.JPG
    Windshield.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 161
OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
BCB Media Console Install

Got my media console from BCB installed today. Took it back off to drill all the necessary holes for the mounts. Install was pretty straight forward. #6 self tapping screws and an extra set of hands and you should be good to go. Had a friend hold the console in place while I ran the 6 screws in on both sides. Then I went back and ran the screws in just above the top windshield rubber into the windshield frame. Seems to be very stout when all screws are installed. Filed down all the welds in hopes for a nice finish from the powder coater. Found a nice shade of medium silver metallic powder coat on sale at Prismatic online. Bought 12 lbs for like $65. You can also find coupon codes online that will save you 15%.

Attachments

• IMG_1438.JPG
    IMG_1438.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1439.JPG
    IMG_1439.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1440.JPG
    IMG_1440.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1441.JPG
    IMG_1441.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 50

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
Wow that looks identical to the 76 I inherited from my grandfather. Same color and everything!

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Sorry guys, I've been on detail for the past couple of weeks. Got my roll bar back from the powder coater yesterday, along with my BC media console. The color came out a little lighter than I thought, but I'm pleased overall. I also got my trac bar riser in this morning. What a PITA. Got it painted up and it looks alright. I'm disappointed that I did not have the experience to foresee all these coming so I could have addressed them while I was at the frame stage.

Attachments

• CameraAwesomePhoto.jpg
    CameraAwesomePhoto.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 199
  • CameraAwesomePhoto(1).jpg
    CameraAwesomePhoto(1).jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 181
  • CameraAwesomePhoto(2).jpg
    CameraAwesomePhoto(2).jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 210
  • CameraAwesomePhoto(3).jpg
    CameraAwesomePhoto(3).jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 206
OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Yeah the tie rod / trac bar geometry is looking better, but I am going to have a clearance issue between the trac bar mounting bolt and the tie rod. There's only about an inch and half of clearance so my turn radius may widen quite a bit because of it. Shouldn't have flipped my tie rod over early on. Then I wouldn't have needed a riser either. Live and learn I guess.

Here's my audio console finished and hooked up. It sounds great when connected to my Iphone.

Attachments

• Media Console.jpg
    Media Console.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 253
Last edited: