• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pistola... West Texas Bronco Buildup

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
WHEEL SPACERS

I'm toying with this idea. I have flipped my tie rod over the knuckle and cannot fit a 15x7.5 wheel on my Bronco without at least a 1/4" spacer. I'm debating having a set of 1/4" spacers made and replacing the wheel studs with a longer set. Has anyone done something similar? I think it will work fine and your not spacing it out far enough to really put things in a bind.

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Ever think about having someone like Stockton wheel or wheel vintiques make u a set?

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
SCREW Stockton, they take too long and their C/S sux... give them a call and you will see what I am talking about. Call Coker Tires. They have all different wheels, that are vintage style and look and you can get them with you specified lug pattern and back space.

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
SCREW Stockton, they take too long and their C/S sux... give them a call and you will see what I am talking about. Call Coker Tires. They have all different wheels, that are vintage style and look and you can get them with you specified lug pattern and back space.

Thanks for the tip englewoodcowboy. I'm gonna try to stick some 33x10.50's on my stock rims and see what happens. I'm heading to the flea market right now to see if I can get some 15x7.5 10 hole rims. Going to pick up my painted tub today. The Line-X was sprayed in yesterday. Will post pics later today. Is this project ever going to end? Can't wait to drive this damn thing!

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Well, got the body out of the paint shop. Took it to the Line-X shop to get sprayed. Went with the "color match" option they have as well as the UV topcoat. I took some paint from my paint guy to the Line-X place so it would be a close match. Planning on going with a dark gray upholstery on the seats. Will set on the frame Monday hopefully.

Attachments

• Before Line X.JPG
    Before Line X.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 255
  • After Line X.JPG
    After Line X.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0994.jpg
    IMG_0994.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 269
  • Body After Line X.JPG
    Body After Line X.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 323
OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Today was a good day. I got the body on the chassis. I've been dreading this day, being that I just knew I would scratch the paint or destroy something. That's usually what happens with most of my projects to some degree. But it all went on fine. Thanks to one of my best friends and the group of guys at Amistad Transmissions for letting me hijack their lift for about an hour. Starting to look like a truck once again. Gives me hope that someday this thing may actually start!

Attachments

• IMG_0998.JPG
    IMG_0998.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_0999.JPG
    IMG_0999.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_0997.JPG
    IMG_0997.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_0995.JPG
    IMG_0995.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 286
  • Body Meets Chassis.jpg
    Body Meets Chassis.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 300
OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Having a valve cover clearance issue already. Driver's side against the firewall. Got about 1/16th to 1/8th clearance. Don't want to put in a body lift. Will probably just grind off that part of the valve cover flange. 10-4 englewoodcowboy, will do on the masking tape. And no zippers, buttons, watches, or rings near her either.

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Got a few things done so far this weekend. Got the brake and gas pedals on. Got the gas pedal hooked to the carb. I'll tell you that stainless braided line is a pain if you've never cut it before. Finally got it cut to fit for a pretty cool looking setup. I really like the pedal feel. Got my column back on today. Also put in my new aluminum 4 core radiator. Those upper radiator mounts were a pain as well. Had to be modified a bit so they would fit right. Seems like everything has to be tweaked in some way or another to fit just right.

Attachments

• IMG_1004.JPG
    IMG_1004.JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_1002.JPG
    IMG_1002.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 343
  • Column.JPG
    Column.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 401
  • Radiator.JPG
    Radiator.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 370
OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Finished up my twin stick today. Also cut the kickdown cable. Biggest thing today was to get the Lokar shifter modified and installed. All things considered, a pretty good day. I'm digging all the stainless steel.

Attachments

• JB Fab twin stick.JPG
    JB Fab twin stick.JPG
    254.3 KB · Views: 275
  • Braided Throttle and Kickdown.JPG
    Braided Throttle and Kickdown.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 306
  • Lokar Shifter 2.JPG
    Lokar Shifter 2.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 380

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I like it all! That lokar shifter rod is what I am planning to use on mine. Awesome job. The color matched liner is really looking good!

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
That rig is so clean I don't know if I would drive it!

I feel like it's one of my children. Seems like I spend more time with it than the rest of my family. Probably a bad thing. Hopefully it will require less attention in about a month.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Thats looking awesome Keith! Stainless might be a pain but looks like your rig is well worth the extra effort ;D