• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

popped the body off the bent frame today!

johnnybgood74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
boise, idaho
got busy with the cherry picker today and pulled the body off my bent frame. glad that part is done! i feel better now. gonna be a breeze taking out the tranny and T-case! i am looking forward to swapping all the new parts over and running all new brake and gas lines to the new to me and straight frame! i took a straight on shot to show you guys the bent frame rail. hope you can see it. cant wait to pick up the other frame and take it to the powder coater to get a nice red finish!;D

Attachments

• body off.jpg
    body off.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 66
  • body off1.jpg
    body off1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 93
  • body off2.jpg
    body off2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 49
  • body off3.jpg
    body off3.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 54

DAN42

Loc.
Santa Maria
Very nice! It's always good to actually get stuff done - post pix of the new frame when you get it.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Hard to tell in the pic, is it bent in the middle pass side?

hmaspec

Hi
How did you bend the frame?.........I don't want to make the same mistake

Howard

OP
OP
johnnybgood74

johnnybgood74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
boise, idaho
Hard to tell in the pic, is it bent in the middle pass side?

yes about half way up on the passenger rail. it is a gradual bend towards the passenger front tire. about an 1 1/2" out of plumb. also when the PO got in the fender bender, the passenger rail was also moved back about an inch. they redrilled the driver side holes about an inch back to remount the front bumper so you wouldnt be able to tell that it was bent until you basically tore it all apart. pretty sweet eh?