• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project Crawln68 (New pics 12/11/05)

74familyeb

Loc.
norfolk
Crawln
First off all, nice EB hopefully one day I can start tearing mine down and be able to have it as far along as yours.
2nd I was wondering why you chose not to speed line the cowl? Specially after what you had to do to fix the previous one. Do you think the new paint will hold up just as good as the speedliner would?
nice job
josh :eek:

SecondChance

Loc.
Gresham
Nice job, very impressive. Just one question. Do you intend to run your EB on the street? If so what are you planning as far as covering the tires? I'm running full size w/38.5 swappers and Gorilla warflairs My tires still have almost half the tread showing. SaddleUp thinks I should just run it and see what happens IE if troopers give me a hard time. If I cover the rear Tires with a mud flap I can most likely get by with that. Thought maybe you had some other ideas.

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
74familyeb said:
Crawln
First off all, nice EB hopefully one day I can start tearing mine down and be able to have it as far along as yours.
2nd I was wondering why you chose not to speed line the cowl? Specially after what you had to do to fix the previous one. Do you think the new paint will hold up just as good as the speedliner would?
nice job
josh :eek:

Thanks Josh. It has been a lot of work, but a lot of fun too. There is a very scientific reason for painting the cowl instead of lining it. Looks! ;D I just thought it would look cool painted instead of lined. Especially because it is all brand clean metal, I thought it would paint up real nice. The paint should hold up just as good now that all of the problem areas have been fixed. It had been sitting for 10 years when I bought it and as you can see by my old pics, water was getting in under the hood and just sat there on the cowl. Should be good to go now. ;)

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
SecondChance said:
Nice job, very impressive. Just one question. Do you intend to run your EB on the street? If so what are you planning as far as covering the tires? I'm running full size w/38.5 swappers and Gorilla warflairs My tires still have almost half the tread showing. SaddleUp thinks I should just run it and see what happens IE if troopers give me a hard time. If I cover the rear Tires with a mud flap I can most likely get by with that. Thought maybe you had some other ideas.

I think I will end up with about half of my tread hanging out too. I am going to use the "run it and see what happens" approch too. If (when) I get busted, I'll add some removable mud flaps on the rear. That way I can pull them off real easy once I get to the trail. :p

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
crawln68 said:
I think I will end up with about half of my tread hanging out too. I am going to use the "run it and see what happens" approch too. If (when) I get busted, I'll add some removable mud flaps on the rear. That way I can pull them off real easy once I get to the trail. :p

If you get busted you will just have to drive it in AZ no mud flap law for SUV's ;D

SecondChance

Loc.
Gresham
Unfortunately Oregon has a mud flap law so the removable mud flap is a must for me. From there we'll just see where it gos. Wishin I was in AZ right now.

RgdL

Loc.
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Crawln68, I just joined this site this week and just got through reading this entire thread.

Kudos to you for a an awesome restoration, along with some ingenious fab work to achieve a crawler-specific rig. And you call yourself a rookie......... %) ...... ;D

But not only are you doing great work on the truck, you're taking the time to snap a lot of pics and posting them here along with some very detailed comments and helpful instruction. This is going to be very helpful for many readers down the road (myself included since it looks like I just bought a '74). If I have my way I'd like to completely restore it the same way you did yours, and after reading this thread I have the feeling it just might be possible.

Now it's time to sell my V6 Samurai on 35s, and my Long-wheelbase Samurai to generate funds for the Bronco.

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
SecondChance said:
Unfortunately Oregon has a mud flap law so the removable mud flap is a must for me. From there we'll just see where it gos. Wishin I was in AZ right now.

Yeah me too. Want to move to AZ? Maybe we can move in with Tgure?? ;D

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
RgdL said:
Crawln68, I just joined this site this week and just got through reading this entire thread.

Kudos to you for a an awesome restoration, along with some ingenious fab work to achieve a crawler-specific rig. And you call yourself a rookie......... %) ...... ;D

But not only are you doing great work on the truck, you're taking the time to snap a lot of pics and posting them here along with some very detailed comments and helpful instruction. This is going to be very helpful for many readers down the road (myself included since it looks like I just bought a '74). If I have my way I'd like to completely restore it the same way you did yours, and after reading this thread I have the feeling it just might be possible.

Now it's time to sell my V6 Samurai on 35s, and my Long-wheelbase Samurai to generate funds for the Bronco.

Thanks RgdL. I am a rookie when it comes to all of this, but it's fun learning on the job. ;D Congrats on the purchace of your 74. Lets see some pics of it! You'll have to start your on build up thread once you start tearing it down. Oh yeah, welcome to the site! This is the best place on the web for Eb info. There are soooooo many guys (and gals) here that are experts when it comes to EB's and are always willing to help each other out, so don't be shy if you have any questions. ;)

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
I got started building my exhaust today. I'm doing a 2 into 1 out of 2.5 tubing all the way out. I've never built an exhaust system before, but with all of the exhaust shop horror stories going around lately, I figured that I would try it myself. I wanted to keep it up real tight so I wouldn't drag it on rocks. Here is what I have done so far. More to follow shortly.

Attachments

• 100_0824.jpg
    100_0824.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 121
  • 100_0828.jpg
    100_0828.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 100_0832.jpg
    100_0832.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 159

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That is some incredible fabrication work!! When I come to Fresno I would love to meet/talk with you. BI

psbronco

Loc.
Ft. Collins CO
Looks great! Wish I could make this kind of progress, if only there were more hours in a day.
Did you make the bends in the exhaust pipe or buy a bend assortment(from where)?

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
bronco italiano said:
That is some incredible fabrication work!! When I come to Fresno I would love to meet/talk with you. BI

Thanks! If you are ever coming down this way, let me know. We can get together and talk Bronco. :p

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
psbronco said:
Looks great! Wish I could make this kind of progress, if only there were more hours in a day.
Did you make the bends in the exhaust pipe or buy a bend assortment(from where)?

Yeah more hours in the day would be very nice. Then I could get my honey do's done too. ;D I bought the pre bent pieces of tubing and the muffler from Summit and a straight piece of tube from NAPA.

honkey84

Loc.
ILL
Could you maybe post up some more pics of your slave cylinder for your NP435??? Reason I ask is because my mechnical linkage is/has gone to shit. TIA!!!!!

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
These are the only ones that I have here at work. Let me know if you need some from a different angle and I can get some more once I get home tonight.

Attachments

• 100_0624.JPG
    100_0624.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 93
  • 100_0699.JPG
    100_0699.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 100_0700.JPG
    100_0700.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 91
OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Found a couple more. :p

Attachments

• myclutchmaster.JPG
    myclutchmaster.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 60
  • myclutchslave.JPG
    myclutchslave.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 60

dtw

Loc.
Syracuse, NY
This thing looks awesome! Nice work on all the floor pans and fender stretching looks real clean.

I have a 1970 which i am going to put a '78 F-150 4x4 steering box into, hooked up to that i am going to drop a saginaw pump in from a mid '80s econoline.

If you had some pictures of your p/s setup that would be sweet. Also any tips or helpful information is much appreciated. ;D

Keep up the awesome work.

honkey84

Loc.
ILL
Crawln68 thanks for the pics. Just wanted to see what kind of clearence you had between you brake master cylinder and the slave cylinder. Thanks again!!