• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project grocery getter

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Pony,

Great work considering that you are doing all that fab by yourself! Can't count how many times I could use another set of hands to help but nobody around to help. :(

Like what you did with the exhaust running it out the rockers. I have been thinking of the same modification for quite some time now believe it or not. ;D My main issues have been the: 1. the frame is in the way for the exhaust and 2. the heat from the exhaust and 3. not that much space to work with on the rocker just behind the rear post.

In any case like what you have done with yours! Keep up the great work and you are gonna have a pretty unique bronco!

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
I am so diggin the way you routed the exhaust. I would love me some side exits like that!!! Damn that is cool!!! Keep up the awesome work man!

OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
Thx! Ya working in your drive way by yourself pretty much sucks, but hey, at least know one to get in your way.

I have a 1" bodylift, and I think the frame stretch helps me have the room to get it through there. Not sure if it would fit on a non stretched rig. It goes right behind the bodymount if anyone wants to look at there's. I'm using 3" tube oval'd down to 2 1/2 or so tall.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Yeah, As much as I would like the side exit exhaust I don't think it will happen because there is just too much in the way right there with the body support structure, the body mount and not sure if I wanna go and put a hole right through the middle of where the rear quarter and rocker panel come together.

I agree that you stretch of the body definitely gave you the space to run the exhaust out the side of the body like that. :cool:

More pictures!!!! LOL!

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
Yeah, As much as I would like the side exit exhaust I don't think it will happen because there is just too much in the way right there with the body support structure, the body mount and not sure if I wanna go and put a hole right through the middle of where the rear quarter and rocker panel come together.

I agree that you stretch of the body definitely gave you the space to run the exhaust out the side of the body like that. :cool:

More pictures!!!! LOL!

Its actually pretty open there, look at my build thread, its just above the rocker and has enough room for a good sized flange if you do it in the right position. My build thread is in my signature below and one of the guys on here sells the flange. There are several others who have done this before I did.
Dennis

OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
God I hate bodywork!! Put to much on sand to much off. Repeat. Made a little progress today, got the drivewrs side floor replaced. No more plumbers caulk to be found!!
DSC04943.jpg

Got the pass side mostly done and got the flare cut/mounted.
DSC04941.jpg

DSC04942.jpg

I love flat tan so much, hides my lack of body work ability very well!!

OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
LOL I drive it 5 days a week! 30 miles each way, mostly hiway. I took a couple days off this week to try to get it finished up but it doesn't look like I'm going to. Oh well, take a couple more days off next week!!

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I think a desert camo scheme would look bad ass on ur rig. That flat tan is kind of catchy.:cool:

OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
I normally do desert camo on all my offroad rigs, this will be my 3rd one painted like this. Paint is rattle can krylon, holds up very well, lay's down well, and is easy to touch up when scratched. Body with be tan, wheels, bumpers, cage etc will be black.

camomog

Loc.
Reno, Nv.
One of the nicest things about the camo is how it hides dust, they almost look cleaner with a layer of dust. I have done a few in camo patterns and am debating on putting nice paint on the current project. You definetly don't waist much time.

OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
Well I got a little more tan on her, mounted the flares, and did a TON of welding on the top. Need to pick up some more bondo and I can start working the top.

DSC04944.jpg

DSC04949.jpg

DSC04946.jpg

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Your bodywork skills are looking pretty good from this angle. ;D

Keep it up!

getfuzzy

Very cool! I like the amount of extra wheel base. And also the halfcab

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
LOL the camera hides alot!! So many waves in the side it ought to be a boat!!

So you're saying it's going to be a friendly truck. Waves at everyone going down the road.....haha ;D Glad to see it take shape so quickly.