• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project "Lethal White" (2.5 years and back on the road at last)

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
Beautiful. Finishing up mine also. Putting the interior back together. It is always nice to have it out of the garage and on the road. Congrats and enjoy the fun of driving it.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Thanks guys (and gals)!

I am just working out the little bugs and stuff. I have had surprisingly little trouble.

Some things I am working on.

1) Wipers don't park - need to drop the top and take a look at the wiring. I have the newer centech wiring harness that allows for parking, so I just wired something wrong.

2) I wired the heater blower motor wrong. I have high speed only. I know how to fix it, I just have to rewire it through the resistor.

3) My oil drain plug is leaking. I just need a new washer.

4) When she is cold, she won't stay running unless I give her a tiny bit of throttle. The choke is working. When she is warm, she runs perfectly. I just takes about 60 seconds of high idle for her to settle down. Any ideas?

5) I need to get a roll cage, but I don't want to spend $1,500.00! I wish I could get a powder coated full assembled cage shipped to me for $1,000.00. I know I am probably dreaming.

6) My front hubs are rusting. I need to pull the front wheels and paint them. I forgot to during the assembly.

Once I get all that worked out, I'll be in buisness.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Well the Bronco is running better and better. I now have 450 miles on her. I still have a few things to work out, but I love it. This summer perhaps I will take her offroad.

Thanks for all the help and kind words during the build. This site was what made the build even possible.

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
how has the rocker paint worked out for you?

My rig is at the paint shop and when i get it back I am planing on spraying the engine compartment and the bottom with it.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
So far, so good. It seems to hold up well. I trust my body guy, so it should be fine. I wired the blinkers and the hazzards to the Dakota Digital gauge, so you have a visual reference as to when they are on. It is very hard to hear the flasher can.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Looks good. Remember, drive it and you will find all the gremlins. I've got just of 1300 on mine and still find little things that need to be tweaked and adjusted. Looking forward to taking a long drive to the mountains this month to really shake things out.

Your truck looks great.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Here are the latest pictures of the completed truck.

76-Profile-Morgan.jpg

That's my son Morgan

76-Profile2.jpg

76-Profile-aft2.jpg

4lofun

thats awesome, love it. those wheels are on my list of gotta haves. i also like the top. what brand is it? do the sides come off,roll up?offroading it i see,lol

4lofun

besttop and gunner 5s are on my list for this year, thanx, just read post again.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
The top is by Best Top and it is really nice. The doors suck! The two piece design is nice, but that is about all I like about them. I really prefer doors that go on the outside of the inserts and not the inside. I had never had a set that goes on the inside and now I know not to do that again. The back and sides do roll up which is very nice.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
2200 miles and counting. Roll cage next and a few little things here and there. I don't think that these Broncos are really every done.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
It Turned Out Awesome ...
I Would Like To See Some Blue Ford Lettering On The Grill !!!
( I Have A Old Set That You Would Have To Sand And Paint If You Like To Have It !!) And ...
Whats The Chance You Bringing You Bronco To Broncopalooza In Nov So We All Can See It In Person ???

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
It Turned Out Awesome ...
I Would Like To See Some Blue Ford Lettering On The Grill !!!
( I Have A Old Set That You Would Have To Sand And Paint If You Like To Have It !!) And ...
Whats The Chance You Bringing You Bronco To Broncopalooza In Nov So We All Can See It In Person ???

I would love to come to Broncopalooza. Unfortunately my wifes birday is November 7th, so it may not work out. I'll look into it and let you know.

I don't know about the lettering on the grill? I'll have to think about that. NOw you have me thinking which is dangerous.

Thanks,

Chris B.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I would love to come to Broncopalooza. Unfortunately my wifes birday is November 7th, so it may not work out. I'll look into it and let you know.

I don't know about the lettering on the grill? I'll have to think about that. NOw you have me thinking which is dangerous.

Thanks,

Chris B.

HELLO CHRIS ..

IT WOULD BE COOL IF YOU COULD MAKE IT !
IF NOT FOR THE ENTIRE EVENT MAYBE SUNDAY MORNING ??
SINCE I AM @ LEAST ONE WEEKEND A MONTH OVER ON YOUR COAST ( IN CAPE CORAL ) WE COULD MEET ONE DAY AND I GIVE YOU MY OLD FORD LETTERING SET . YOU WOULD HAVE TO SAND THEM DOWN A LIL AND PAINT THEM MATCHING BLUE, BUT THAT COULD AND WOULD HELP WITH YOUR DECISION MAKING !!!
CIAO
FRANKO