• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project "Lethal White" (2.5 years and back on the road at last)

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
if you cant drive it by christmas, have someone push you down the driveway after riging a fan on the window so you get the wind in you hair feeling....

My wife thinks I am nuts when I just go out in the garage and get in it and sit there pretending I am driving it. :)

I should have it running by Christmas without too much trouble.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
My wife thinks I am nuts when I just go out in the garage and get in it and sit there pretending I am driving it. :)

I should have it running by Christmas without too much trouble.

LOL, I do that just to let it run... ;D

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
i used to sit in my for hours, but living in FL my bronco has seem to become the breding ground for brown widows.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
i used to sit in my for hours, but living in FL my bronco has seem to become the breding ground for brown widows.

A plastic tarp & a bug bomb would take care of that! ;D

When I disassembled the 76 for the frame off, I found all kinds of nastys inside. Mud dobber nests, Spider Webs, dead cockroaches, 3.57 brass(inside the fresh air vent), dead spiders, milipeeds, and other nasty stuff.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I have done alot of work to the Bronco in the last several weeks. I just didn't have time to document it. Here are some photos I took this morning.

Here is a new profile (without the rake! :) ).
76Bronco.jpg

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Here is the bane of my existance! No damn room for an electric fan. I have a new 7 Blade fan (belt driven) and shroud coming from JBGY. I hope it gets here soon, because I am almost ready to start this thing.

76BroncoNoRoom.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
What are the 2 red things behind the grille? Horns? Lights?

They are horns. Made in Germany. I can't remember the manufacturer off the top of my head. I can tell you this though they are way louder than the original horns. I even like the tone. Not too deep and not too high.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Wow that looks nice. I had similar problem with the electric fan. Ended up doing the hayden clutch fan and modifying an aftermarket shroud to fit.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
That's awesome brother.. Like it alot.. ;)

Thanks! I can not wait to fire that puppy up. I can't decide if I should round up a trailer to take it to an exhaust shop or just buy some really cheap mufflers and flex pipe to rig up something temporary and just drive it there?

Any suggestions?

jesus888

Loc.
Atlanta, GA
They are horns. Made in Germany. I can't remember the manufacturer off the top of my head. I can tell you this though they are way louder than the original horns. I even like the tone. Not too deep and not too high.

They are Hella horns... or at least look like em... I have some on my subaru ;D

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I installed the Flaming River lower shaft yesterday. What a f@*Kin b^t%H! The splined female end on the Flaming River lower shaft would just not slide onto the splined male end of the Ididit Colum. I counted the splines to see what was up and yep, they were the same. I even used calipers to make sure they where the same diameter. Yes they are, although a little too close. I called Ididit and they said they have seen this problem before with the flaming river lower shafts. They said that it is a machining tollerance issue. So I pulled the colum and installed the flaming river splined section with a little heat and a lot of persuation. What should have been a 25 minute job took over 3 hours! The story of my life. Ididit recommends Borgeson (sp?) joints only with their colums. I wish I would have known that before!