• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project Lethal White "Possible Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incognito

Loc.
Key West, Florida
Selling prices

Have to agree with ILikeBond-Ebay is lousy for selling anything but a complete fixerupper.

What I don't get about the Bronco market is that so many are willing to pay$5,000 for a piece of crap and then spend $20,000+ and 3 years building it up when they could buy the end product for around $18,000. I understand the whole "I built it myself" thing but dollars are dollars. You could buy the completed one for $18,000 and spend a little time and another $3000 and have the same end result as if you spent way more time and more money!

Plus after a few years there will be new products out there to swap out so it is an ongoing enterprise to own a Bronco.

The Bronco market is terrible for complete resto vehicles. It is not something you should buy and ever expect to be able to sell for a reasonable price.

If you get 1/2 of what you put in you would be lucky...and that may take a whole lotta time.

Salgood

Loc.
Kalispell
I am in the same boat - I have about $25,000 into mine with $6-7,000 to go. It has sat now for the last year while I built a house. I am tempted to try and just sell it now as I know I can never get what I have into it....:cry:

I know I will finish mine and I will always try to remember once it is done - DO NOT LET IT GO!!!!!

Keep it - you have a ton of sweat and work into it - you gotta be able to sell something else!
BC

u10072

Bronco Guru
I hate to be Captain Hateraid but that bronco is a really nice paintjob --but is SOOOO 1989 KbarS. I have seen some really nice broncos out there but if they dont have a high dollar suspension-- some nice fabwork and a drivetrain to match -- sorry $40k is way too much to for that truck. He could have that much in it I do not doubt. BTW, that wasn't a knock on KbarS because those were some of the cleanest trucks on the planet but by todays standards are very low tech. I have a really nice truck with todays cool stuff--sorry but unless Troy Treppanier starts putting murals on cars -- they are NOT COOL--no matter what you paid for them. Hell that truck isn't even as nice as the purple Parnelli Jones Stacey David truck.

kancox

That was rude!! The man has put his heart and soul in this eb and you say it is'nt cool because it doesn't have a mural???

ILikeBond

I think he was saying the blue rig that sold at BJ for $44k was overpriced (and the mural on it outdated). Which is exactly the reason to sell at BJ.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
The more I drive it, the more I want to keep it. I sold and delivered my 2008 Roush P-51 Mustang yesterday. I hated to part with it, but that toy was costing me big money every month. I built the Bronco with Cash, so at least it is not eating me. I may just keep it, but we will see.

Sincerely,

Chris B.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Chris
I would hate to see you sell it, but you got to do what you got to do.

I would put it on Evil Bay or in some collector magazines, but I very high reserve, and if you can get top money for it, then let her go. If not just hold onto her.

If you do get top dollar, then look for a less expensive, but still nice driver bronco

72-Madisyn

Loc.
Medford
If you do get top dollar, then look for a less expensive, but still nice driver bronco[/QUOTE]

Agree with that totally. That way you can take some cash and take care of some things that you need to but still have a Bronco to drive and when things get better,(because they will, just who really knows when...), you can start building your new one to the way that you want it. And by driving it for some time you can really decide what is important to you in a rig and what you really need out of it. As others have said Ebay probably isnt the best option for a high dollar sale, posting on craigslist in bigger cities, LA, Seattle, Phoenix, San Diego, might be an option because I have still seen some activity with higher priced "toys" in bigger markets that may have not been hit as hard by the economy. Good luck.

sean lalley

Loc.
biloxi
if there was ever one that i would think of spending that kind of money on it would be this one if i had an extra 50k i would shure take it off your hands
looks great

Status
Not open for further replies.