• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project "Lethal White" (2.5 years and back on the road at last)

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I drove mine on open headers to the moofla shop. But it is only about a 1/2 mile away. Actually a buddy drove it , nice and easy , and it wasn't so loud.

Rig looks stunning by the way!
I have one I'd like to clean up like that one day.

edit : Just went back and reviewed the pics , look at the one with the dig. dash , check out the reflection on the hood , SCHAWEEET !
What colors are those , I'm liking the blue.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
The White is Ford: High Performance White and the Blue is Ford: Sonic Blue.

It is Base Coat Clear Coat with about 3 or 4 coats of clear, so she does shine!

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
Here is the bane of my existance! No damn room for an electric fan. I have a new 7 Blade fan (belt driven) and shroud coming from JBGY. I hope it gets here soon, because I am almost ready to start this thing.

76BroncoNoRoom.jpg

>>>>> nice truck you have there......the explorer setup would definetly solve your clearance problems without chopping up the core support & duffs extra wide radiator mounts would fit the thicker side tanks on the aluminum radiator better than the ones you have now.... the regular 14 amp black magic(#150) fan I'm running has the same overall dimensions as the S bladed(#160) 19 amp version you want to run & fits good even with the thicker than stock radiator......the overall depth from center of the motor is about 4 1/2"s deep while to the blades its about 4 1/4"s..... note- 3rd pic shows I did grind off the threaded water pump snout for extra clearance insurance......................

Attachments

• 100_0413.JPG
    100_0413.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 000_0051.JPG
    000_0051.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 111
  • P5151458.JPG
    P5151458.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 145
OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
76 Bronco,

I really like your Explorer set up. I should have done that, but at this point I am out of project money and I have to make it work like it is. I have a belt driven fan coming with a shroud that should clear. Perhaps when my project coffers fill back up, I will go the explorer front dress. Thanks for posting.

My69Pony

Any Closeups of the Mirrors? I have been looking for the right mirror setup and would like to see another option. Running doorless/mirrorless has proven quit the challenge. By the way, love the setup.
Brian

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL

ft bronc

Loc.
Greater Cincinnati
Looks awesome! Sorry if I missed it in the thread, but I'd love to hear something about the soft top - brand, ease of install, pics of the top lowered, etc.

Any info would be great!

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Looks awesome! Sorry if I missed it in the thread, but I'd love to hear something about the soft top - brand, ease of install, pics of the top lowered, etc.

Any info would be great!

The Top is a Best Top. It fit just about perfect right out of the box. I installed the entire top by myself in about 2 hours. My wife helped for 5 minutes to hold the large middle bow while I tightened a few bolts. Other than that it was an easy install.

2) Top risor to clear the factory wiper assembly and covers. You just have to cut the little front pointy sections of the factory wiper cover (about 1 square inch per side). I cut mine with a dremel cutoff wheel and less than two minutes.
3) Instructions are very clear and easy to follow with step by step.
4) Nice Shape - looks good on the Bronco.

Dislikes:
1) How the door frame rods were designed. They work easy enough, they just could be beefier.
2) The rear bar that holds the top across the top of the tailgate. You may have to bend it slightly to get it to fit snuggly against the tailgate. You have to remove the bar to roll the rear window up, but that is the price to pay for being able to open the tailgate without undoing the top.

I didn't take any pics of the install or with it layed down. When I get some down pics, I will post them.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I finally drove her tonight! Sweet. I spent all day monkeying around trying to get her started. I couldn't get and fuel to her. I finnally got pissed and went to the auto parts store to buy a new fuel pump to replace the $100 Holley that is brand new. When I got back to the truck I pulled the fuel pump and figured out I had the inlet and outlet reversed. The sad part is I double checked it this morning and could have sworn that I had it correct. Anyway I took her for her maiden voyage just as the sun was setting. She drives nice, but does wander a little. I'll take her and have her aligned tomorrow, that should correct that I hope. The ride is much softer than when she was stock, but not too loose.

I am very happy with it. I'll post some pics and some updates once I have the new exhaust, alignment and tunning set correctly.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
P.S. - The 7 mechanical Blade flex fan (made for 3 & 4 core aluminum radiators)and stock style plastic fan shroud from Jeff's Bronco Grave Yard worked out perfectly. I used a 1.5" fan spacer. I have a 180 degree thermostat and according to my dakota digital gauge the temp has not exceeded 177 degrees after driving around my neigborhood for an hour. It is was about 76 degrees hear earler this evening. So I am very happy with the mechanical fan.

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
wow dude. i love your bronco. only thing i dont like is the grill being solid white and the big rims. but about your wife thinking your nuts for you sitting in it...she's never been madly in love ;D congrats on your bran new "old" bronco

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Congrats.. I know the road that you have been on the last two years. It is a good feeling to drive her again... Enjoy!

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
This is a great thread, inspires me to get off my ass and "finish" mine.. Nice job on this.. more pics please.. :)

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Today I drove her about 25 miles down town to an exhaust shop. We put it on the lift and he took a good look at it. He quoted me about $375.00 to custom bend and install a new exhaust system. He wants me to bring it in on Monday. $375 sounded resonable. I was expecting more.

I also took it to the Ford dealer to have someone check my timing. There was only one mechanic there familiar with old engines and carbs. For a $15.00 tip he set the timing, tightened my lower radiator hose which was slightly leaking and adjusted the idle on the carb. I knew how to do all this stuff, but I just wanted a proffesional to validate it.

The brakes were a little spongy and she was wandering a little bit so when I got home I set the toe in just a littlle bit. Bled the brakes (for the 4 time) and lowered the air pressure in the tires down to 26 PSI. Wow what a difference. Much better. Hard brake pedal, softer ride and greatly reduced wandering.

Now we are getting somewhere.

I'll post some pictures later.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
76FanShroud.jpg

Here is the new 7 Blade Flex Fan and Shroud from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard. Today in stop and go traffic (87* outside & sunny) she got to 182* as a high. This fan works beautifully!

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
76BroncoProfile.jpg

Finally in the driveway and not in the garage in pieces. She won't fit in the Garage with the center bow in the top up. I have lower it to get it in. So the 2008 Mustang will go in the garage and the Bronco will live in the Driveway.

Do you like my mustang mufflers? She goes for new exhaust on Monday.

Last edited: