• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project Lethal White "Possible Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I don't want to do it, but I may have to sell the Bronco I just spent 3 years frame off restoring. ?:?

1976 Ford Bronco Roadster Conversion (Everything is brand new or completely rebuilt.
Crate 302 (328 H.P.)
NV3550 (5 speed)
Big Bearing rear (completely rebuilt with 4:56 Gears & new limited slip)
44 Front with new factory disc brakes, new axels, 4:56 Gears and new limited slip.
Brand new powersteering.
Brand New Ididit polished colum.
Axels are powdercoated, frame is powdercoated.
3.5" Jeff's Bronco Graveyard Bullit Proof Suspension Package with Fabtech extended arms.
Click the link below for complete details.

What I would like is for you guys to tell me what I can get for this. If the numbers don't make sense, I may just have to keep it, but things are getting tight and I could use some cash. I have about $50K in this and I realize that I am not going to get my money back, but let me know what you think I can really get for this and where can I get the most money? (Here, E-bay, craigslist?)

Click the link to read everything about this 76 Frame off project:
Project "Lethal White"

techlaf

Contributor
I looked at buying a similar frame off restoration in December '08, but yours is quite a bit nicer. He had receipts for almost all of it and was easily over $30K into the project. It still needed a new suspension and some other odds and ends to be complete, but similar to yours. He was trying to get $18K and I think I saw somewhere on CB.com he ended up getting a little less than that.

Great deal if you're buying, but unless you absolutely had to, I'd hold onto it. You put so much work into it, I'd hate to see you have to part with it.

Ebay seems to fetch the most, but they take a cut and can be a hassle. Although, you can't beat the worldwide exposure you get listing on Ebay. Set a high reserve and hope for the best. At the very least, include your email or phone # and people will contact you after the auction and you can deal outside of Ebay.

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Man that is a beautiful job.

I hate to say this, but I fear in today's market, you'd be doing well to get $25-30k back on your hard work, time, and money. I hope I'm wrong.... but that's my gut instinct on what's realistic at this time. EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING can be had for literally 50 cents on the dollar these days, even less for some things.

I'd try and hold onto it if you can swing it. Enjoy it for now, and wait for better days.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Oh NO.. :( I would lean towards $25-30k too, but it all depends on your advertising too, and patience... HOPE you can hang on to her

ILikeBond

You know, I was looking for the past couple months recently and noticed some things about selling prices. I think if you're selling a "low-end" Bronco, you tend to get the best price on Ebay, versus something like Craigslist where lots of Broncos just sit and fester unsold. But I definitely saw lots of Broncos that sold for too much in my opinion (like 8k instead of 5 or 6k). But by the same token, high-end Broncos don't seem to do well on Ebay. They mostly don't sell when someone's asking 20k+. There just isn't a captive audience there of people with money to burn and looking for high-end Broncos for some reason. Of course, it doesn't cost much (I think) to try, so you could always give it a go and see what happens.

I think if you're going to sell, though, it would be worth it to really think about looking into a high-end auction - you know, Barrett Jackson, RM auctions, Mecum (if they even take Broncos), etc. Its seems like people who buy at these are just more open to buying something for several tens of thousands of dollars, especially something that has been restored to tits. Its a captive audience of rich folks, which is hard to find with the economy the way it is now. You might get 40k out of BJ, whereas I think it would be difficult to get 25k on Ebay.

Just my .02 - that may be all its worth.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I vote first for not selling it. But if it is absolutely necessary, I vote for Barrett-Jackson. Just look at how much some of the other ones on there have brought.

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
I vote first for not selling it. But if it is absolutely necessary, I vote for Barrett-Jackson. Just look at how much some of the other ones on there have brought.

I'm not too certain Barrett Jackson would offer that much better price options. I may be wrong, but the high dollars paid for cars at those auctions are mostly for cars that are restored beautifully, but isn't it for cars that are restored to original condition beautifully and not really cars that are modified/changed as much as this rig is?

I don't know if I'm right, but that's always been my impression. Anybody know the answer?

ghost66

Bronco Guru
I'm not too certain Barrett Jackson would offer that much better price options. I may be wrong, but the high dollars paid for cars at those auctions are mostly for cars that are restored beautifully, but isn't it for cars that are restored to original condition beautifully and not really cars that are modified/changed as much as this rig is?

I don't know if I'm right, but that's always been my impression. Anybody know the answer?

From what I have personally seen on Broncos at BJ auctions the more modded and unoriginal they are the better the price out the door. Restored classics are lucky to pull in $15,000 but the ones that are highly modified but street friendly are going from $40-50,000. The one I sold a few years ago for $45,000 that was resold at BJ was immaculate and a resto mod. It sold for $48,000. in Florida. The guy who bought it told the new owner he was prepared to go to $75,000 if someone else were bidding against him. The two Broncos that sold in Phoenix went in the 50,000 range and they were in no way or form comparable to the yellow 66. So in my opinion BJ is the right way to go for top dollar on resto mods but on classic remodels or originals it's word of mouth or Ebay. Phoenix is where the money is and not Florida.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I hate to sell it, but if I could get $35K for it I'd sell it. Less, and I'll just keep it.

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
From what I have personally seen on Broncos at BJ auctions the more modded and unoriginal they are the better the price out the door. Restored classics are lucky to pull in $15,000 but the ones that are highly modified but street friendly are going from $40-50,000. The one I sold a few years ago for $45,000 that was resold at BJ was immaculate and a resto mod. It sold for $48,000. in Florida. The guy who bought it told the new owner he was prepared to go to $75,000 if someone else were bidding against him. The two Broncos that sold in Phoenix went in the 50,000 range and they were in no way or form comparable to the yellow 66. So in my opinion BJ is the right way to go for top dollar on resto mods but on classic remodels or originals it's word of mouth or Ebay. Phoenix is where the money is and not Florida.

Wow... that's seems odd to me. Thanks for the info. Do you think this is something distinct as to Broncos?

I've noticed that other classic cars seem to get the most value if they were restored as "original" and, of course, matching numbers original. So I'm wondering if this is something particular to Broncos, or have you found this to be the case across the board and I'm just not realizing it?

mtfit

Bronco Guru
Loc.
pa
I sold mine resto-mod in a collector car mag, their are several on the market, people who subscribe usually have the $$, and are looking for specific models, yrs etc. Sold mine for 40+.

ILikeBond

If pictures speak 1,000 words... :cool:

3209892473_200731d48c_b.jpg

3210743488_e0b4cebee6_b.jpg

3209891135_5bd140be4f_b.jpg

3217816311_78f70ff694_b.jpg

(Admittedly, I don't know what this one sold for.. but its clearly a highly-modified EB on the BJ auction block).

techlaf

Contributor
From the inspection sticker, that truck was from Louisiana! Was it someone's on this site?

Comparing prices from 2+ years ago or even from last year doesn't mean much today. These are unprecedented times and definitely not the time to sell any expensive discretionary item if you don't want to lose your ass. Barrett Jackson and the other high end auctions are going to be really interesting this year, not because of the high prices things go for, but for all the deals we'll see from people unloading the first big ticket item they don't necessarily "need".

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
When I saw this post my 1st thought was "What the F*#$!" ?:?

You have provided so many with info about some of the Mods you have done... I would hate to see you sell it, but I understand after recently selling my 75. You will need to find a motivated buyer, one who understands the amount of time and money that goes into a build up. They are out there, just not as many as before... I wish you luck on either direction it goes...

Sorry,

Doug

kancox

I'd hit the car shows,price it high enough to get their atention and give yourself room to deal.You only need one buyer not everybody.Besides it would be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.