• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project "BOB - Big Orange Bronco" Wheeling pics addded

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Now SC, I've heard about the dash (ain't seen it) and I've heard about the painted cage (ain't seen it) so here ya go!!!!

(Stole this from JP)

Attachments

• gallery-albums-userpics-10082-ThisT.jpg
    gallery-albums-userpics-10082-ThisT.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 128
OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Now SC, I've heard about the dash (ain't seen it) and I've heard about the painted cage (ain't seen it) so here ya go!!!!

(Stole this from JP)

I know I know I know...... ;D

Been working hard on it but keep forgetting my camera.

The dash is primed and painted. The body panels are all primed - some touch up spots but nothing major. The hood was the biggest problem from the warps in it from welding the sides back on it for the factory edge.

The body work has made me appreciate good body work people even more. I officially do not like body work now!

Once it is shot with shiny BRIGHT :eek: orange I'll have some pics up I promise.

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Aw man, is it gonna be "Clemson" Orange ????

;D It sure will look good at a Clemson tailgate! It's close - actually Kubota tractor orange. We changed the primer to gray instead of red which made a HUGE difference in the shade of orange. You won't miss me on the trail at least ;D

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Time to bump this one to the top. After taking about a month break on it we got back on it today. The rear quarters, tailgate, and hood are sprayed. After that we did some more sanding and got the front clip ready to shoot tomorrow.

The grill, scoop, and dash will be silver. The rest of the sheet metal will be orange. Here are a few pics of the bright orange ;D

Attachments

• DSC00956.jpg
    DSC00956.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC00955.jpg
    DSC00955.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC00954.jpg
    DSC00954.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC00953.jpg
    DSC00953.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC00952.jpg
    DSC00952.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC00951.jpg
    DSC00951.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 100

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cool, Cool, Cool- I realllllly like the color you chose Robert :)
Nice job.
kb

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for all of the compliments ;D It's been a long time coming to see it orange and I'm so stoked now! It's given me some more drive to keep working on it and hopefully finish it soon. Won't be making Fawl Crawl, but she'll be trail tested and broken in for Fawl Crawl 2010!

After painting the front clip and getting everything back on the truck ... wiring, brake line plumbing, PS plumbing, fab ram mount, gears & lockers. Sounds like a short, but expensive :( list.

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
More Pictures ;D

Got a few places to touch up but it's all orange now :eek: The silver on the grill turned out really well I think. The headlight rings will be orange to set them off too.

Attachments

• DSC00957.jpg
    DSC00957.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC00958.jpg
    DSC00958.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC00959.jpg
    DSC00959.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 182

LilRedBronco

Loc.
Belmont, California
I REALLY like that color... Looks good and glad you are doing it yourself. That is on my project list...

Did you use a compressor set up or one of those turbo jobbies? I can't afford a massive compressor just to paint 1 Bronco but I REALLY want to do my own paint job.

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I REALLY like that color... Looks good and glad you are doing it yourself. That is on my project list...

Did you use a compressor set up or one of those turbo jobbies? I can't afford a massive compressor just to paint 1 Bronco but I REALLY want to do my own paint job.

We used a cheap HVLP gun from Harbor Freight and ran it off of a 60 gallon compressor. It didn't consume much air and a much smaller compressor would have been fine. After buying a compressor and accumulating various air tools I wouldn't do it any other way. You'd be surprised how handy a compressor and air tools are. I agree, do it yourself and have that satisfaction! Good Luck on it ;D

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's starting to come together ;D

Attachments

• Paint Pic Grill.jpg
    Paint Pic Grill.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 238