• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project "BOB - Big Orange Bronco" Wheeling pics addded

patrickmitton

Loc.
kerby Or.
Could you share the name of the place in Texas where your getting the power steering box rebuilt? The bronco I am building is not quite as extreme although close. My bronco is a 67 which had 78thousand miles,and I got it from the 2nd owner with a289 and a 3speed. I am stuffing a 5.0 with a C6 and pretty much all parts are new or rebuilt from the frame up. My tub was acid dipped then sprayed with emeron while the frame is done with rust bullett. Right now I am building a dana 60 with ford 9 ends for the rear it will carry strange 35 spline axels with 4.56gears and the 44 in front with disc brakes and hydrboost.etc..I have a couple other early broncos and then a couple of 1996 units. My street unit is the OJ look-a-like with centerlines33bfg's it's got a 351 blowin through JBA headers and 3"stainless exhaust...for a big-ole bronco this thing RUNS...or so I'm told...

Last edited:

JakeAlex

Loc.
New Albany, MS
West Texas offroad is a good place to have steering boxes rebuilt. That who did mine and I was pleased. I learned about them from this website.

Their number is 1 (877) 833-7464. Ms Billie will likely answer the phone. Very nice lady.

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Any body want to help sponsor the gears & lockers ;D

go to Pirate4x4 and look in the vendors for waynehartwig...

Cheepest i found... i bought gears, install kits a locker and spool from him.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up joe... i'll look him up. Haven't talked to you or Natalie in a while - how are things going? I look forward to getting this crawler done and seeing ya'll on the trails again soon.

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Could you share the name of the place in Texas where your getting the power steering box rebuilt? The bronco I am building is not quite as extreme although close. My bronco is a 67 which had 78thousand miles,and I got it from the 2nd owner with a289 and a 3speed. I am stuffing a 5.0 with a C6 and pretty much all parts are new or rebuilt from the frame up. My tub was acid dipped then sprayed with emeron while the frame is done with rust bullett. Right now I am building a dana 60 with ford 9 ends for the rear it will carry strange 35 spline axels with 4.56gears and the 44 in front with disc brakes and hydrboost.etc..I have a couple other early broncos and then a couple of 1996 units. My street unit is the OJ look-a-like with centerlines33bfg's it's got a 351 blowin through JBA headers and 3"stainless exhaust...for a big-ole bronco this thing RUNS...or so I'm told...

Yep, West Texas Offroad. They have built / ported a lot of boxes for people on this site and everything I have ever heard about them is top notch.

Good Luck on your build too.

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
I know.. tell me about it!! No changes... it's still sitting for now. Plans are to get back on it this spring. My wife and I are settled into our new house now so plans are to get the wiring complete and motor fired (about a weekend's worth of work) and get it moved. After that it's just exhaust, gears/lockers, and some odds and ends.

Thanks for bumping this to the top... maybe it will motivate me :D

Any body want to help sponsor the gears & lockers ;D

Congrats on your new home. Now get back to work on the bronco.

joe

Bronco Guru
Right now I am building a dana 60 with ford 9 ends for the rear it will carry strange 35 spline axels

i hope you dont mind me for askin but...WHY???

Nuthin up with us Robert, how ya'll ;D

were goin back to Bama the first of April...I got the new Crawler runnin ;)

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i hope you dont mind me for askin but...WHY???

Nuthin up with us Robert, how ya'll ;D

were goin back to Bama the first of April...I got the new Crawler runnin ;)

Joe - Where's the build thread? I can't find it. Tell me more ;D

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Ro-bear, glad you finally came out of hibernation!!! Heck I may have "Stretch" running before you!!!!!!;D;D;D;D

Glad to hear you're in the new home, I know that was a biggie!!!!:cool::cool:

joe

Bronco Guru
Joe - Where's the build thread? I can't find it. Tell me more ;D

well.....there ain't no build thread ?:?

it's just somethin I kinda threw together...still %)

with some (alota!) help from EOR. :cool:

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Keith and I got to work on the orange beast some yesterday and today. Pics can't really show what has been done since the last pics posted, but here are a few I took today. The wiring is 98% complete and the dash is bolted in, we had to fab a mount for the coil since there are no inner fenders, the heater hoses/water pump hoses, by pass hoses, are all connected, vacuum lines are done/plugged, and the longer art carr shifter cable is installed.

Still need to button up some loose ends on the fuel lines, install radiator and trans cooler, distributor, and oil and it's time to crank!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
Man Robert you and Keith are really doing a awesome job. Just seeing them pictures of the progress is really unbelievable how far you guys have come along on Big Country. Keep up the good work and the Pic..;D

joe

Bronco Guru
ooo! i found a pic for ya Robert & Chuck ;D

now get that thing runnin and come out and play at the Bama Brawl!

It's gona be a good time!

Attachments

• P1060448a.JPG
    P1060448a.JPG
    217.5 KB · Views: 126

744x4

Loc.
Taylors,SC
Its Alive.We fired it up about 1/2 hr ago.I just sent Robert to get a Belt and some Fluids so we can run it Longer but it sounds Sweet with the WH Ceramic Shortys and No Exhaust.He He

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Now Keith, what kind of fluids did you tell Robert to get???? He may not get home til tommorrow!!!!%)%)%) Ya'll gotta be happy!!!;D;D

Last edited:

744x4

Loc.
Taylors,SC
Just the Normal Bronco ones that leak out all over the place.I hate firing a New project as there are always leaks Especially when you dont tighten anything down.He He.Got a Major Tranny Line leak as the steel tube is split where it goes into the tranny.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Very good day!! It sounds killer - with WH shorty headers only of course. The gauges didn't work, but they've got to be something simple like another ground issue.

744x4

Loc.
Taylors,SC
He didnt drink a drop of anything other than Chick Fil-A sweet Tea.The Big issue is with the starter switch and the old Red top Optima as if you turn it all the way right it dont start but tries to catch when you let off the Key.Superbowl tomorrow so no Bronco Work.