• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project "BOB - Big Orange Bronco" Wheeling pics addded

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I know it has been a couple years, but how about a link or at leat sellers name for that battery tray from Ebay. I like it.

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Took a while of searching but I found it... they don't have any items on ebay right now, but here is their company site. HTH. I liked it b/c it was plain - a lot of them now are too "bling" for me.

http://artecindustries.3dcartstores.com/Optima-Mounts_c_107.html

Did it come with the angled bracket as pictured in your build up, or did you guys mod a plain jane Optima box from Artec? Don't see one like yours on the website. Thanks for the link.

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
hells yeah, hot DAYUM!!!! glad yall got here running!!! i even got to hear it run through the phone i got from Robert hehehe

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Did it come with the angled bracket as pictured in your build up, or did you guys mod a plain jane Optima box from Artec? Don't see one like yours on the website. Thanks for the link.

We welded the flat plate to the mount like that so we could mount it in the cowl and made it so that it sits level in the angled cowl (where the heater vent used to be).

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
2-1/2 Years later it's time to bump this thread back to the top.

A LOT of work has been to the Bronco since this thread has been updated. It's been to two Bronco show events - Carolina Broncos 5th Annual Meet & Greet in Charlotte, NC (April 2011) and the Super Celebration in Townsend, TN (April 2012). The next Bronco event planned is Fawl Crawl in Harlan KY next month for its FIRST wheeling adventure (besides testing around the farm).

Here is a picture of it in Charlotte - April 2011 - at Dennis Carpenter's. This is when it had 16" FOX coilovers in the rear and 5.5" springs in the front. It was WAY HIGH! The coilovers had a lot of sway in them - mainly due to me not knowing how to set them up. They had low nitrogen etc. and I ended up selling these and going a different route.

attachment.php

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I took it to that event above without exhaust, stock gears, etc. There were LOTS of loose ends to be done, but it was at least running and mobile.

I got the exhaust done (first thing I paid someone else to do on the entire truck), installed gears and lockers - 5.13 R&P with spool in rear and Grizzly in front.

I also had to get it lower. I ended up installing Duff's 4-link coils (basically a stock height progressive rate coil) in the rear and dropping the front springs to 3.5". This created a few issues and several things had to be re-worked (steering especially) but overall I am much happier with it and it is much more stable.

Here are a few pics of the rear coil swap.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
While the suspension changes were in progress, my motor was having some issues. After lots of help on here it ended up being a fuel filter and the plug on the BPS was loose (the plastic clip was broken and it wasn't all the way tight). My fuel filter was for a carb engine and couldn't handle the constant high pressure. I also learned about the different microns of filters and have a preliminary and secondary filter with different micron sizes.

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is the bumper I built for the narrowed front end and 8274 winch. I re-built the winch which was in really good condition to start with. It was weathered, but other than the surface deterioration it was in excellent condition inside. I rewired it, put a new plug on the cover, and sanded / painted it. The bumper is gusseted on the inside and triangulated.

attachment.php

attachment.php

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey Robert, don't stop!!! Keep the pics coming!!! You've done a super job with that rig!!! (I know Keith helped a little%)%))

You got to have a pic with the trophy you won in Townsend!!!!!;D;D;D

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ben - I do have that pic and it will pop up in here!

I had a catch in my throttle body that was making the skinny pedal sticky. I bought a upper intake at the Super Celebration with a throttle body (it felt much smoother). When I got it home I realized it was for a driver side intake (T-bird style) rather than Pass. side (Mustang) like I have. Fortunately all i had to do was reverse a couple things and then find a ball stud to bolt to the throttle linkage where it needed to be.

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is the "award pic" Ben was talking about. I was super stoked about this! 6 years later and 2nd Bronco event I got a trophy ;D

Award_2_1.jpg

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here are a few pics of it at the Super Celebration in TN. I robbed some of these pics off of the SC Pic thread so thanks for those who took and posted them!

DSC02356.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I moved the back axle back 10" so I'm 102" overall. Eventually I want to go to full hydro steering and at that point I'll push the front out another 3 or 4". Thanks!