• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project Update - Photos

OP
OP
A

AGShelby

Loc.
San Antonio, Texas
Running and Driving

It's a good feeling to have it all working - the engine, 5-speed, rebuilt transfer cases etc - and it all works. I drove it around the neighborhood last night, hit the highway to test all 5 gears, off road a little to test the 4low and 4high - Didnt take it too far as the steering isnt aligned (todays job). I have a slight leak at the oil pan seal, and a slow drip from the transfer case - but overall, success.

In the next week I have to button down some loose ends:

gas gauge inop
speedometer not connected (need to figure out the proper gear with new trans, differentials, and lift/tires)
one brake light not working
6 bolts are missing for the family cage (going with all grade 8 - was missing some lock washers)
oil pan leak
transfer case leak
shift boots
steering alignment
rear view mirror
rear seat belts
license/registration

My goal is to tie down the loose ends in time for the spring roundup -