• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ps rebuild

76 explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
oklahoma city
is there a online manual with step by step directions on how to rebuild a 76 p/s gear box? i got all my parts in (enough to keep me busy all winter) and the steering box is the only thing i dont have directions for, any help would be helpful. even if its not 76 specific i just need something to give me an idea of what im about to get myself into %)

weps

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Switzerland
76 explorer said:
is there a online manual with step by step directions on how to rebuild a 76 p/s gear box? i got all my parts in (enough to keep me busy all winter) and the steering box is the only thing i dont have directions for, any help would be helpful. even if its not 76 specific i just need something to give me an idea of what im about to get myself into %)

there is a great write up in one of the older bronco drivers. id have to look to recall which one though. does there happen to be a comprehensive index or anything on line? i seem to recall teh issues were available in PDF format.

Coob

Loc.
Houston, Tx
Looks like it was issue #10.. which I am sad to say I don't have. But it looks like you can indeed get them in PDF format (subscription req.).

There are also a couple of diagrams at this link:

http://www.broncograveyard.com/6diagrams.html

I spent a day rebuilding the one on my '77 and I only had one problem. The teflon/plastic ring that goes around the piston would not seat right. So I had to use the old one. Glad I did not cut them off.