• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Qjet barfing fuel

jms5580

Loc.
Bozeman, MT
Just finished my qjet rebuild, tossed it on the truck and it started! Only problem is I could see fuel coming out somewhere around the secondary metering rods. I turned the truck off and realized I forgot to hook up vacuum advance and plug the rear vacuum port. Once plugged, the truck wouldn't start, although it did grumble. Looked like it was wet around the accelerator pump as well. During the rebuild I tried vacuum testing my float needle and seat but I couldn't find tubing to fit so I gave up. I did however use the old assembly because the book I used said the new ones with the windows are more restrictive and let all the fuel drain out. My plan at this point is to pull the carb back off, recheck my float height, and see if I can vacuum test the seat. If everything checks out, are there any suggestions on how much to lower the float? This does sound like it's a float issue right?

Last edited:
OP
OP
jms5580

jms5580

Loc.
Bozeman, MT
Nevermind. It turns out I measured my float height in the opposite direction. Wow I feel dumb. Damn miracle the thing ran.