• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Question about starting a build thread?

trekgurl

I've been a member for a little over a year and only posting while I was trying to find me a EB and just generally trying to learn as much as I could. I use to own a 74 and drove it for 11 yrs,, sold it back in 86 and have always missed it.

I finally bought a 74 last week and got my title and paperwork done yesterday,

Mine's a real dog, beast,,and I have a big project ahead of me so I'm little hesitant about posting pics,, but I guess I need to get the comments over with :) I upgraded my board membership to contributor...so I should be able to post pics.

I have alot of work to do before I can begin to have fun with it.

My question is this do I need to start a "build" thread and go back to it each time with updates and questions? Or should questions go separately under the tech section?

I know how to do a search for topics so I'll do that first, but I have a lot of questions,, and I'll need help with specific directions. I can do basic stuff,,, but alot of it I'll be doing for the first time.

Maybe I can be rolling in 2 or 3 yrs.

Hopefully sooner :p

Anna,,,

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Anna,

Sorry. I think you asked me this via email and I didn't reply.

I would say post each question on it's own, although related questions can be asked together. The purpose of a "build" thread is really more like a journal to show off the progress you've made. While you certainly can ask questions inside a "build" thread, you won't get as much response because the subject line of the thread won't reflect your specific question.

When you ask your questions just be up front about your experience/skill level so people can cater their responses appropriately.

OP
OP
T

trekgurl

Build Thread,,

Thanks Jon,,,

I know how busy things can be sometimes,,, so no problem. Seems like with the internet age a person needs to communicate in several forums,,

I took some pics this afternoon,, hopefully get something started soon.

Thanks again.

Anna