• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Question about starting a build thread?

trekgurl

I've been a member for a little over a year and only posting while I was trying to find me a EB and just generally trying to learn as much as I could. I use to own a 74 and drove it for 11 yrs,, sold it back in 86 and have always missed it.

I finally bought a 74 last week and got my title and paperwork done yesterday, (14 mins at the DMV) can you believe it. I was worried because it the title had been "open" since 1999. It was a offroad stump buster I think,,,

Mine's a real dog, beast,,and I have a big project ahead of me so I'm little hesitant about posting pics,, but I guess I need to get the comments over with :eek: I upgraded my board membership to contributor...so I'll get some posted

I have alot of work to do before I can begin to have fun with it.

My question : Do I need to start a one "build" thread and go back to it each time with updates and questions? Or should questions go separately under the tech section?

I know how to do a search for topics so I'll do that first, but I have a lot of questions,, and I'll need help with specific directions. I can do basic stuff,,, but alot of it I'll be doing for the first time.

Back on the road in the future,,, Hopefully sooner :p

Project: ponygurl begins,,,,

thanks ,,,, Anna

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
A lot of people start a build thread to post there progress. You can still ask away at the tech section without filling up your build thread with a bunch of questions. Get busy taking a bunch of before pictures, and post a few. Before you know it you can look back through it and see all the progress you have made, which reminds me I need to revisit mine soon.

Good luck to it and don't be afraid of what people think because this is your Bronco and most, if not all can respect you for it. And no matter what you do to it, it will never be done (as the saying goes).

Shawn

OP
OP
T

trekgurl

Build thread

Ok,,,

Thats what I was thinking,,,

I'll get the pics on tomorrow,,

thanks

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
i second shawns post ,,, get lots of pics ,,, because when you are about done ,, you can have a great record of what all you have done to it ,,, and we will be able to see your progress ,,, most of us ,, have started with junk ,, and composed a diamond out of it ,,, you will probly be no different , !!! we will be here for support when you need it ,, !!!!

OP
OP
T

trekgurl

test post

thanks seventseven,,

I kinda gives me an idea on the startof the build thread.

Working on it now,,,