• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

RAN Trans Help

OP
OP
vesparex

vesparex

Ok! Thanks everyone for the help. Mission accomplished last night. Got the input shaft assy out, with some force. No damage. Found all the needle bearings and reinstalled. Had to remove the input bearing for reinstallation which was a project in of itself as my snap ring plier collection was not up to task for that big ring. But I persevered and will install the unit tonight.

Duane

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hah, sorry I had intended to mention two important things you'd need in your tool box, and then got sidetracked. And then could not sign on to classic for a few hours until today.

One was a set of long-ass Allen wrenches to get to the shift forks if you need it. And the other was a big-ass fat-tipped pair of snap ring pliers.
Luckily when I did mine and came to the same realization you did, I was able to find them at the local parts store. I think Lisle has them, but pretty sure mine are KD.

But they've come in handy since too, so it was a good purchase.

Glad you got yours all sorted. Good to hear.

Paul