• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rare Bronco options

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Just though I would start a poll to see what you guys think is the rarest factory option on The EB's. We all know how rare the roadster mirror is now. So what is our next challange! I vote for 1/2 cab drip rail chrome, or back window chrome on a 1/2 cab sport.

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Or how about a Roadster radio speaker cover.

Last edited:

Recko555

Is there a master list somewhere of all the options one could get. I would like to know how many options I have on my '74.

66halfdone

Loc.
St Louis
The 1966 brochure had options listed such as; sweeper and post hole digger. Neither of which I have ever heard of anyone owning.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I remember see an ad by ford that showed the Bronco as a tow truck. Anyone ever see anything more than that ad? Anyone want to guess how spooky a bronco would be with a big old caddy hanging off the bumper lift boom an the back? I don't think they sold many of them.

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Broncobowsher said:
I remember see an ad by ford that showed the Bronco as a tow truck. Anyone ever see anything more than that ad? Anyone want to guess how spooky a bronco would be with a big old caddy hanging off the bumper lift boom an the back? I don't think they sold many of them.

Blue71 has a picture of a bronco tow truck. Hey Andy how about posting a pic of that Bronco.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
For rare options, how about the attachment on the passenger side upper fender that allows the spare to be mounted on the side?

Or the jump seat that mounts between the buckets?

Anyone have a pic of the roadster radio cover? I've never seen one.

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
My 69 has the bracket for the spare to be mounted on the pass side. It was called the Ranch Hand or something like that, it allowed you to have full use of your tailgate keeping the spare tire out of your way.

Attachments

• DSCF0507.JPG
    DSCF0507.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 1,314

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
66halfdone said:
The 1966 brochure had options listed such as; sweeper and post hole digger. Neither of which I have ever heard of anyone owning.
X2 on that and the tow truck model, I believe a fire truck option was also offered seen a few of them and wasnt there a ambulance model offered around the ballon chaser time frame?
There's quite a few roadsters although I've never paid attention to the speaker cover so it could be rare.
The middle seat wasnt a factory option so I dont/wouldnt count that and I've actually seen quite a few of them.
Drip rail moulding doesnt seem all that rare just spotty on wether it was installed or not pretty much the same for the 1/2 cab rear window chrome.

I've seen quite a few of the side mount spare tires or where they were a lot of people have removed them so you dont see many anymore.

A couple that I personally have seen very few of is the optional rocker panel moulding or 16in wheels of course once again the wheels could have been ordered orginally but swapped later to run the cheaper 15in tires.

While I dont think it was ever offered or more than one made there was a roadster type model that was going to be called the Sportsman had wood grain vinyl side panels and rocker panel side exit exhuast and the bronco emblems were on the rear quarters. Looked pretty sweet for a roadster.

Last edited:

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
judging from the rust issues i've seen on every one, i'd say undercoat was the rarest option.. i'd actually say the chrome dash accents on the early sport models is pretty hard to come by.

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
broncosbybart said:
judging from the rust issues i've seen on every one, i'd say undercoat was the rarest option.. i'd actually say the chrome dash accents on the early sport models is pretty hard to come by.

Yes the dash chrome is rare it was only offered on the 67 sport model, also the pleats in the door panels run sideways on the 67 sport.

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Ranger345 said:
I have factory a/c on my 73 ranger. Is that rare?

They never came with Factory A/C it was a dealer add on, and I have seen quite a few with this option. Mostly in the western states though.

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
broncnaz said:
X2 on that and the tow truck model, I believe a fire truck option was also offered seen a few of them and wasnt there a ambulance model offered around the ballon chaser time frame?
There's quite a few roadsters although I've never paid attention to the speaker cover so it could be rare.
The middle seat wasnt a factory option so I dont/wouldnt count that and I've actually seen quite a few of them.
Drip rail moulding doesnt seem all that rare just spotty on wether it was installed or not pretty much the same for the 1/2 cab rear window chrome.

I've seen quite a few of the side mount spare tires or where they were a lot of people have removed them so you dont see many anymore.

A couple that I personally have seen very few of is the optional rocker panel moulding or 16in wheels of course once again the wheels could have been ordered orginally but swapped later to run the cheaper 15in tires.

While I dont think it was ever offered or more than one made there was a roadster type model that was going to be called the Sportsman had wood grain vinyl side panels and rocker panel side exit exhuast and the bronco emblems were on the rear quarters. Looked pretty sweet for a roadster.

The Tow Truck, Fire Truck, Ambulance, and Sportsman were all made by someone else other than Ford. Although they are rare and cool. People like Bill Stroppe (who made the Ambulance) made these conversions

CMTBronco

Loc.
Clinton, New Jersey
options

My 73 has the chrome rocker trim whixh seems pretty rare. It also has a driver's sideview mirror that is adjustable from the inside of the truck. I'm not sure how rare that option is, but I haven't seem many others with it.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How about the 16" wheel option, I've seen any of those on the street. Or howabout the extra large 66' skid plate.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I've got the mounts for putting the spare on the inside of the tailgate in a baggie as well a set of 16 inch wheels. should I put them on ebay? The wheels aren't in a baggie, they are keeping my hardtop out of the mud.

I would like to nominate the fuse box lid. i've only scene one in a junkyard bronco and when I took it off it crumbled in my hand.