• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rare Bronco options

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
My 69 has the bracket for the spare to be mounted on the pass side. It was called the Ranch Hand or something like that, it allowed you to have full use of your tailgate keeping the spare tire out of your way.

My 69 also has that bracket you spoke about Clarrance. Wonder how rare they are?

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
ZENZONE I used to haVe a part house we sold Dana or PC cruise controls most were good units ...cost about $65.00....Running Buddy said a few day he wished he had another for his Bronco ......

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Has anyone ever seen factory cruise control on a EB. My 76 has a Dana/Perfect Circle unit on it. Looks to be factory by the way it is mounted. Have never seen one or heard anyone talk about one.

I have not seen factory cruise on an EB, but might have been possible in 75-77. Sears also use to sell an aftermarket cruise control made by Dana and I installed one on a 69 I drove from 1980 to 1987. Worked very well. Look for 2 magnets on the rear driveshaft towards the front and a sensor mounted to one side near the magnets. The magnets were glued on and then wrapped with tape. If it has these, then your unit is probably the aftermarket Dana one - same as Papitt is talking about. (I remember them at about $100 - so Papitt must be older than me!)

z-one311

Loc.
Payson, Utah
Rare bronco options!

Ok i will try and post pics but my 66 roadster from San Jose came from the factory with a in dash at about the center a reading light. And it also has a center speaker cover too! It has never had doors and has not door posts! What do you think of that!

z-one311

Loc.
Payson, Utah
1966 baja rare additions

showgallery.php
look at my photo gallery for some pics off the dash!

z-one311

Loc.
Payson, Utah
My Roadster is from san Jose and original Ragoon RED!

Ok i have had this bronco since 1997 and can't bring myself to making any modifications. I was dumb and sold the engine and rear end. I still have the frony end and the only other problem is it was missing the frony grill and right front fender. I don't want to madify it but there is no way i would ever find a bronco like this with only 56.000 original miles! Absolutely no rust anywhere and has never had door posts or rear spaire tire carrir on the out side. It was a original San Jose Roadster Man. In March of 66! There is alot of guys that would kill me for even doing what i did but i still have the frame un modified and front end, And transfercase, and also factory bucket front seats! And it has the Original radio, And speaker cover, And it even has a reading light or map light that is factory and is not one that plugs into the lighter. It has a lighter too! Its an original among original 66 U13FL Color J Dso 72 axle 3 mod u130. Its not one that someone that loves bronco's modifies or cuts up. But it looks like it was a dealer packaged rear fender flares. The floors are flawless and the engine ran perfect. I made a huge mistake. I am up in the air as to weather to sell it but then again i couldn't replace it! What do you do? Dam Bronco!

Broncitis

MEB Founder
my 72 came from the factory wit a 3.50 detroit locker rear and traclock front Ibought this bronco new.wish i still had it.

Are you sure it was a Detroit and Track Loc brand locker or did it have factory Trac Lock limited slip? I've never heard of true lockers being a factory option or seen them listed in any of the literature I collect, but then again, there seems to have been more than a few excpetions to the Bronco production.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Ok i will try and post pics but my 66 roadster from San Jose came from the factory with a in dash at about the center a reading light. And it also has a center speaker cover too! It has never had doors and has not door posts! What do you think of that!

What do you mean by it has no door posts? What is under your door inserts??:?

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
Anybody know what the heck this thing is? To me it looks like the side mount spare mount? It came with a plie of parts when I bought my last bronco. If it is, how the heck does it work?

l_bee5b4b9bb7f450114e4a562deaa38a2.jpg

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, thats what it is. It's upside down in the picture. Goes on the upper quarter panel. On a truck equipped with this, there is a sheetmetal bracket welded onto the upper bar of the tire rack. It has a hole in it. After you remove the tire, you swing the rack all the way to the quarter and this sheetmetal bracket's hole lines uip with this bracket on the quarter and you bolt it down. Pretty fun I guess. I like it, but it's a little tiresome(no pun intended) setting it up.

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
Thanks! I never had one. I thought something was missing. That makes since that it just bolts together. I thought something like that would be great on my wifes bronco when we put the kids bike rack on the receiver hitch.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Here is a pic of mine on my 69, kinda handy if you need to have the tailgate down hauling something.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 253

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
My 76 has the front sway bar, 4.11 LS, and 16" wheels. I figured the wheels came off a truck but who knows.;)

My 75 is a Ranger with the chrome trim on the rockers.

My 73 has the courtesy light under the dash - doesn't work. I haven't looked at the other two.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Thats a good question, might have to space the tire out a tad but otherwise should work since the mount is on the upper quarter. This is the only uncut I have ever owned and I dont get to drive it or keep it :(