• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rare Bronco options

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Here is a pic of mine on my 69, kinda handy if you need to have the tailgate down hauling something.

I saw a brown one last year coming from Lowes and he had it swung open and the tailgate down, pretty cool

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
For what its worth, I have a 66 Galaxie 500, and it has the lights under the dash (one in each footwell). They look exactly the same, so if you're looking for some... Probably used in other years of cars too.

My 69 has the ranch hand side tire holder, PO had it chromed. Also has dash mounted hand throttle and chrome drip rail moulding. Doubt that any was factory option on this truck, PO cherry picked parts for 20 years to build it, kept all the cool stuff he found over the years. He also chromed factory air cleaner and swing away spare tire carrier (he had a buddy who owned a chrome shop). Lots of chrome bolts and pieces. He had the headlight rings chromed, the hold down for the windshield to the hood, fan pulley, etc... Not to much, tasteful IMO.

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
I was missing a part! %) I have a 75 spare tire carrier. It did not have the mount for side mount. I dug out a carrier off of a 68 I had and it had the correct mount. Oh, also it will not work with the flare without modification.

z-one311

Loc.
Payson, Utah
66 roadster door posts!

I am looking for some inserts for it. All it has is the hole where they door posts are supposed to be and the have a rubber insert to fill the hole. Like a plug that is used to fill in the access hole to the body mount. Why are there supposed to be door posts!

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Was over on Broncoohio and I may have stumbled across the most elusive of all Bronco options, Only with a 66. Do you see it??

Attachments

• 50041994_c68b65621d.jpg
    50041994_c68b65621d.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 275

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Yea, wonder if it is a typo or if it really was a motor option. Could that be the powerplant in the elusive first?

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is a 77 with the camper option. Its kinda cool actually. This is one I was looking to buy in CO.

Those Four Wheel Campers are cool. Aluminum frame. Nice. You could get them with full kitchen, etc, or just carpetting back there. I had one that I bought while working at WH 10 years ago. Some guy called up and wanted to trade for a hardtop, but credit was about all he could get toward it from the powers the be. So I paid him that amount in cash and he bought a cheaper hardtop. Anyway, It was carpet only on the inside. I had no way to go get it, so I came home, tore the rollbar, rear seat, tailgate bumpers, and speakers out of my 73 Baja and picked it up. Drove home with 2 bolts holding it on. The wood part above your head that makes up the bed floor had rotted out (I've seen this on the other camper I was looking at to), but other than that it was in good shape. I traded it to Jim C. for new 3.5" rear leafs(returned items someone had said sagged), and Chevy disc kit. I'll try and dig up the pic of it with it up on the Stroppe. Wish I'd kept it...was perfect for camping, but I never went in the 6 months I had it.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I am looking for some inserts for it. All it has is the hole where they door posts are supposed to be and the have a rubber insert to fill the hole. Like a plug that is used to fill in the access hole to the body mount. Why are there supposed to be door posts!

Still not following you on this one? Maybe our terminology is different?

On our stock 66 Roadster it has factory inserts and under them are front door posts and rear striker posts just as you would see if you had doors rather than inserts. If you have no door posts, what supports your kick pannel or what do you bolt the rear edge of the fenders to?

If you did not have rear striker posts you would have a large opening to the void behind the quarter panel?

Again, I'm obviously not following you on this.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Do you mean the actual door striker itself is not on your roadster? The little catch for the latch that is held on by 2 phillips head screws?

rednck21

the 76 sport i just sold had drive flages on it. never seen them before on a bronco. i have no idea if they were factory or not, but they did look really old. the bronco spent most (or all) of its life on a peanut farm in south ga, so i guess it could have been ordered like that...?

i was also talking to guy that had a 76 the other day that he bought from the original owner. he said the old man ordered it WITHOUT power steering:eek:

z-one311

Loc.
Payson, Utah
door post/striker

No hinges or door striker is what i mean sorry! here is a picture of what i mean!

showphoto.php

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No hinges or door striker is what i mean sorry! here is a picture of what i mean!

showphoto.php

I know on the Broncos I have had the post always has the hole in it (driver side only) with a plug, I would say these post were also used on the trucks (maybe mid 60's) this is were the switch for the interior light is when the door is open. I have thought about putting a switch there and connecting it to the dome light, however there are times I don't want the light on when the door is open.

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Actually that hole was for an emissions sensor, think it was 73 or 74 that had it. It's been discussed before.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
Hey did we cover the '77 with a single fuel door yet? Annapolis76eb sent me this cherry Bronco and it has only one fuel door. I see where some have posted about having two doors and one of them is screwed shut.

Attachments

• morebroncopics08095.jpg
    morebroncopics08095.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 307

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I'd have to see it on an original (unrestored) Bronco to believe it. It's easy to hide sheetmetal work with new paint. I've already seen the aux tank door on a '77 that didn't come with the tank.