• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rare Bronco options

House

Minutia Militia
I would love to see the dealer installed rear step bumper also dealer installed in 66 and 67.

Here is one on a '67...

DSC00577.JPG

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I have the holes in my drivers door for the remote mirror, but the mirror's long gone. My 74 has the Ranger package, fact. limited slips front and back.
when I bought it it had a Vic Hickey Sidewinder, and a weird "divorced" power brake system up in the front drivers side of the engine compartment. I'll try and dig up some pics of that.

I think they all come with the hole for remote mirror on the drives's side.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I ordered my '77 with everything I could get on it. (fully loaded haha)
According to the history book, a lot of items were deleated from the option list in the latter years because the car was being sold more as a soccer mom than as a utilitarian vehicle. I didn't see front posi, windshield latch/knobs, dash throttle, manual shift tranny, side window screens, or trailer hitch available but instead useless carpet, and foo-foo side panels.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I just gave a door with the remote mirror to Lilhotz jr. Should i have kept it?

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
few questions for you "extra" gurus

now is this spotlight i had on my truck an option?
Now how about cut out rear flares.. was that ever offered??

the Flares i had on there were OLD and cracked fiberglass. looked to be 30+years old.
ww-20.jpg

TheBroncoRanch

Bronco Guru
The spotlight was a dealer option, yours even looks mounted correctly. The flairs are aftermarket.

few questions for you "extra" gurus

now is this spotlight i had on my truck an option?
Now how about cut out rear flares.. was that ever offered??

the Flares i had on there were OLD and cracked fiberglass. looked to be 30+years old.
ww-20.jpg

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cool Orange Bronco, Pokey. The flares could have been dealer installed as some dealers would flare a Bronco before selling, just to have one cut and ready on the lot. Those white fiberglass flares look to be very old and small. My 72 has a similar looking flare and it was flared when new.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Cool Orange Bronco, Pokey. The flares could have been dealer installed as some dealers would flare a Bronco before selling, just to have one cut and ready on the lot. Those white fiberglass flares look to be very old and small. My 72 has a similar looking flare and it was flared when new.

I like that Bronco, too! Those flares look like Duff's to me, but it's hard to tell from here. If you look about center of the flare up under the lip, it will say "James Duff" stamped in.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I didn't read all these but caught a couple my red 1976 had wooden door pulls inside and 16 inch tires on spoke wheels and a staight seat .........

House

Minutia Militia
Please tell me you sneaked up on all those creitters with that Bronco.;D

Not me, but YES. Those and a LOT more. There is a whole row across the garage that the Bronco has carried over the years...

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
I like that Bronco, too! Those flares look like Duff's to me, but it's hard to tell from here. If you look about center of the flare up under the lip, it will say "James Duff" stamped in.

Thats what i thought when i pulled them off. they were rivited and in very bad shape. the picture make them look new but that was after some cleaning. there was no stamp or marking of any kind
Heres another picture
ww1-3.jpg

desertoasis2b

my 69 came with dso-0030 hd frt axle carrier it cost $194.60
its a dana 44 carrier with dana 30 axle tubes and king pins
seems rare never talked to anyone whos ever heard of it

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pokey, Are your front fenders rolled on the beginning of the opening...they look like they are. Anyway, your rear flares look similar to the flare Stroppe used, and it look like the in the picture that your front fender openings have been modified a little for clearance. Can you confirm this? Is it rolled over or is it snipped off metal. Just curious.

desertoasis - those axles are pretty rare. I've only known 2 or 3. I think Toddz knows a couple too, probably one of the ones I know of. Yeah, was a HD axle option of hybrid sort of 30/44 combo. I heard someone call it a D33 once. One of the places I found one was under a desert racing 68 Bronco.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Here is a new one to keep the thread going and maybe spark some new info. Got these from a longtime falcon parts dealer here in Portland, he is closing up shop and slowly going through all of his NOS stuff. The box says pn C6TZ-9620146-A on it.

Attachments

• window1.jpg
    window1.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 120
  • window2.jpg
    window2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 169

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
that's really cool josh i dont think i have seen pictures of those kind of window inserts, similar but not those. my '66 has the removable window frames so i could see how they would slide in from the top and bolt in.