• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rare Bronco options

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
My 74 Ranger was factory 4.11 LS front and rear. None of my 3 66's have the vin plate in the windshield. Had a few Rangers w/ remote mirror. Had a Roadster speaker grill once.

Recko555

Just to let people know. Posi is not a Ford term. No Ford every came stock with posi. The came with trak lock differential, which is a limited slip differential.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Recko555 said:
Just to let people know. Posi is not a Ford term. No Ford every came stock with posi. The came with trak lock differential, which is a limited slip differential.

Yes, they're both marketing term names for the same concept...ltd slip. I think GM's Positrack has become the catch phrase since it's easier to say, "Posi" than anything else.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I know one thing that is very rare is quality welds:-X also maybe precise measurements;D
Just a poke from your neighborhood quality/welding analyst;D

ezbngreen

Loc.
Seattle, WA
My 77 Bronco "Ranger" came with the following:

1. Chrome gas filler cap covers.
2. Firearm holder to the left of the steering wheel.
3. Dash is dyed vinyl (dark green).

The original invoice from Ford had the chrome and the firearm holder listed. The dash had to be from the factory, but what about the chrome and gun rack?

Many thanks.

John

ransil

Bronco Guru
Skiddy said:
I know one thing that is very rare is quality welds:-X also maybe precise measurements;D
Just a poke from your neighborhood quality/welding analyst;D

Factory Booger welds

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
ezbngreen said:
My 77 Bronco "Ranger" came with the following:

1. Chrome gas filler cap covers.
2. Firearm holder to the left of the steering wheel.
3. Dash is dyed vinyl (dark green).

The original invoice from Ford had the chrome and the firearm holder listed. The dash had to be from the factory, but what about the chrome and gun rack?

Many thanks.

John

Yep..the dash pad and dash on Rangers were color coded. Would like to see pics of the fuel covers and fire arm holder. Can you post some?

Blue71

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
Blue71 said:
Yep..the dash pad and dash on Rangers were color coded. Would like to see pics of the fuel covers and fire arm holder. Can you post some?

Blue71
i can, just took some today. look at where the left windshield bolt is;

Attachments

• DSCN1095.JPG
    DSCN1095.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 815
  • DSCN1097.JPG
    DSCN1097.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 555
  • DSCN1098.JPG
    DSCN1098.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 818

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
One "option" not mentioned is the early monotone paint scheme. Although it was more common in late models ('76? '77?) it was almost unheard of back when. The '71 sales brochures are a good example. I don't think I have ever seen another '71 besides mine that came off the floor that way.

Attachments

• 71sales2.jpg
    71sales2.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 461

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
that roadster top in the brochure has sort of the can back look to it. its definately different than the stc or bestop. especially the shape of the side windows.

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
sandhorse said:
that roadster top in the brochure has sort of the can back look to it. its definately different than the stc or bestop. especially the shape of the side windows.

Thats the factory roadster top made by whitco.;)

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
BroncKrawler said:
Its stamped, I'll take a picture in a little bit and post it up.
mine was and is the same as Seabiscuits 68, but hey are stampped and had the original paint color on the back of the tag.
James Duff had never seen one at all

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
BajaBronco said:
Is it stamped or on a little silver metal tag?

Mine is a stamped tag that says Ford on both sides of the vin;D
vin.JPG

Project_bronco

Loc.
Cottonwood, CA
I have a chrome speaker cover held on by four screws, a chrome glove box door, don't know if it's after market or not. It's the same style as stock though. I have holes on both doors that make me think I may have had remote controled mirrors. Also, my '74 Bronco has courtesy light switches. I didn't know if every Bronco came with those.

66Bronco

'66 Tow Hooks

I've seen in the 1966 Ford accessory book a set of front tow hooks for the Bronco but have never seen any. I believe that Ford pulled the part number after the '66 model year.

-Terry