• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rare Bronco options

66Bronco

Scott,

Could you post a scan of that window sticker? I'd sure like to see it.

-Terry

scottmcwms said:
I know a guy that lives close to me that has one with a factory installed 351W. Is that rare or have I just never heard of one. Also has an electric winch and a 3-sp floor shifter. All of these items are on the window sticker so I know they are not aftermarket installations. The guy that owns it now is the original owner and he also claims that it rolled off the lot that way.

Scott

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
broncolove said:
Mine is a stamped tag that says Ford on both sides of the vin;D

That's exactly like mine. Is it possible that is a body buck tag? Also, What is on the back side of it? The two that I've seen are painted with the original color. It seems too detailed to be a buck tag to me but I'd like your opinion.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
ken75ranger said:
Is that the one on the bottom of the dash in the middle? I thought all the rangers had them.
Yes thats the map light and all Rangers/sports are supposed to have them. It was listed as astandard feature in 73 so all might have had them. My 73 Ranger has it and its a early Ranger with the tshift t case.

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
I would guess that YOU do Have the socket as Seabiscuit showed me that mine has one , but no light , and Mine is a Plain Jane 68

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
My bronco had one of those. It didn't work and looks added on. I threw it away because Ithought it was a previous owner upgrade.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
feitctaj said:
I would guess that YOU do Have the socket as Seabiscuit showed me that mine has one , but no light , and Mine is a Plain Jane 68

Not there...maybe removed for some reason...where along the underside of the dash is it supposed to be?

bronco-ed

options

my 72 stroppe has a drivers remote mirror also a rare 3speed model.radio delete.
my 66 roadster has a speaker cover and while not an option still retains its body buck tag hanging from firewall with some sort of thin bailing wire.
my 69 wagon has factory bench seat with bulkhead no holes present for rear seat.also radio delete.

bronco-ed

map light

my 69 has map light mounted to bottom of dash near steering column its has a gray shroud with a side cut out for a bulb.

WILDMARE76

Loc.
SAN ANTONIO,TX.
Zieberts rust proof Im not sure if the Bronco was treated for rust prevention
as a Dealer add or done later on. There is holes drilled in the rust high risk
ares such as Rockers,door posts,Window frame,Tailgate, tailgate jam,
Doors. Then these areas were injected with some type of rust preventive
chemical and pluged up with plastic plugs that say zieberts rust prevention.
Also the truck was undercoated. Does anyone else have this on there Bronco
It appears to had done a great job. My truck is not rust free but it is solid in
areas treated.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
bronco-ed said:
my 72 stroppe has a drivers remote mirror also a rare 3speed model.radio delete.
my 66 roadster has a speaker cover and while not an option still retains its body buck tag hanging from firewall with some sort of thin bailing wire.
my 69 wagon has factory bench seat with bulkhead no holes present for rear seat.also radio delete.

My 71 Stroppe is a 3spd manual too, but had the radio.

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
broncolove said:
The factory sway bars are fairly rare;D

Front or rear?... or either? Mine has a rear sway bar.

Sway Bar-01.jpg