• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rare Bronco options

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Baja71 said:
What years did Stroppe put that on and who made it? I wouldn't mind having one on my '71 if only to help with typical Bronco body roll during my high speed cornering....15mph. ;D

Pretty sure it's a Hellwig unit.

Todd Z.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
6677ebman said:
A friend of mine has a 1974 former AL Fish & Game unit, and it has a rear swaybar identical to the one pictured. Is there a chance that could be a Stroppe?? I doubt it, but I might research that for him.

Stroppe wasn't the only supplier offering the swaybars. You could get them from Hellwig, Hickey, Fairway Ford (I think), and likely Desert Dynamics as well.

Todd Z.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
toddz69 said:
Stroppe wasn't the only supplier offering the swaybars. You could get them from Hellwig, Hickey, Fairway Ford (I think), and likely Desert Dynamics as well.

Todd Z.

Yes, very correct. In fact, lots of the later items available thru Stroppe like this swaybar were sourced from other vendors. Another example is the sliding windows offered by Stroppe.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
toddz69 said:

Todd Z.

I talked to a guy at Hellwig, and indeed they used to make these

The part numbers are front-104454 rear-204430

I was told if there was enough interest, they could make them once again

Last edited:

Broncitis

MEB Founder
DonsBolt said:
I talked to a guy at Hellwig, and indeed they used to make these

The part numbers are front-104454 rear-204430

I was told if there was enough interest, they could make them once again

What type of numbers were they needing to make a run of these?

I'd be up for a set of them.

Bronco_46256

Loc.
Elkhart
If I'm not mistaken, Addco makes a rear swaybar. Can be found at Autocrafters. Its on my list of larger items to do.

Talked to and looked at one with the Addco swaybars installed both front and rear. Very Clean.

Sorry bout the hijack---

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
tasker said:
I had a '68 with 4.56s l/s. long time ago...have the whitco top as we speak as well. Cool thread, learned alot, thanks guys! these an option then?

The ventilated inner fender panels?..no, those must be standard..cuz every EB I've ever owned had that 'option'. ;D

thesnake

Bronco Guru
The 75 Bronco I had that was a Northland Special, had 3.50 l/s rear end, heavy duty radiator, engine block heater. It was a 3 spd manual, 302, and had been Ziebarted. It had the plugs that said ziebart. It had also been a snow plow, and had that option installed in Chicago.

My first 70 half cab had the map lights. The 73 sport I had, had factory 4.11 gearing, but was the medium bearing axle, it was a U153.

John

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
MarsChariot said:
One "option" not mentioned is the early monotone paint scheme. Although it was more common in late models ('76? '77?) it was almost unheard of back when. The '71 sales brochures are a good example. I don't think I have ever seen another '71 besides mine that came off the floor that way.

Is regal Red a factory 71 color? I know of a 73 monotone, black Sport, but no bodyside chrome, but does have rocker mouldings, and a Warn winch with bumper. Uncut, black inside the top and everwhere. it's uncut and was found in Oregon, but is a San Jose truck now back home.

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
BajaBronco said:
Is regal Red a factory 71 color? I know of a 73 monotone, black Sport, but no bodyside chrome, but does have rocker mouldings, and a Warn winch with bumper. Uncut, black inside the top and everwhere. it's uncut and was found in Oregon, but is a San Jose truck now back home.

Regal is not on the 71 or 70 paint codes. Rangoon Red is;D

Baja71

Bronco Guru
BajaBronco said:

You may be thinking of Regis Red, which is a 71 color. It's a really dark red. PPG#2297

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Bronco_46256 said:
If I'm not mistaken, Addco makes a rear swaybar. Can be found at Autocrafters. Its on my list of larger items to do.

Talked to and looked at one with the Addco swaybars installed both front and rear. Very Clean.

Sorry bout the hijack---

Yep - Addco is another one - just checked their catalog and they still list them. I remember seeing them in an Addco catalog in the '80s.

Todd Z.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
toddz69 said:
Yep - Addco is another one - just checked their catalog and they still list them. I remember seeing them in an Addco catalog in the '80s.

Todd Z.

I just got off the phone with John at Addco

They still make the sway bars for our Broncos

I asked him if they would be willing to put together a mass buy, he told me that it is something they would be happy to do. He also old me he could send end links in any sixe to make it work with whatever lift you have.

So lets see what interest there is

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Oh you guys forgot the most useless add on. The factory chrome bumperetts. They cover up the crack in the bumper after you bend it. they came factory on my 1974 explorer model.
Someone also made a lower front fenderwell vent on the passenger side fender.
There was also tear drop spotlights from the dealer.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
broncolove said:
Regal is not on the 71 or 70 paint codes. Rangoon Red is;D

Yeah, some charts, back when, called it Regal Red. Lately Regis Red seems to be the name. That is a 1971 color. Anyway, I have never seen another monotone. The black one sounds cool.