• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

rarities: Mechanical and Trim seen very seldomly

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
just saw a few entries ona thread that had the above issue. They talked abt 2 items
I’ve loosely quoted:
Roof chrome Drip Rail: ‘67 – 71, also ’72 ½ cab only
Dash upper and lower chrome Trim: 1967 Sport model only - some w/upper’n lower trim, some with just lower only

I’d heard the 2nd 1 here B4. I wonder bout MUCH more similar. I’ve all ways called them “trinkets". The windshield/hood mounted lowered windshield lock.
Like Ranch Hands. Any 1 know the scoop on those?
But there’s also mechanical (the ’66 really wins the bronk record on one ofa kind there. A neighbor had the firestone air bags in side the coils he claimed came from the factory (or was it the dealer?). So here might go (incorrectly?) 3.3 0r 200 motor 1972/3 any model only. Any 1 wanna add others (esp non-’66 only)?

Who can add to the list (esp, my curiosity model/trim/yr for the Ranch Hands). I think I ask to leave out trim or mechanical for the coach built - baja, balloon catcher, etc. They probably have their own sites. This here could B arun on just the roadster, 1/2 cab’n wagon as oem...
Did I miss this thread as it’s nota sticky? Whats it under in the index? More bronco fun...

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
My '68 Sport had the chrome roof rail trim. It came with the Ranch Hand (tire brkt)

My Dad had to special order the Ranch Hand on his plain jane '69. Back then you could order individual items compared to now when most everything comes in a pkg that costs thousands.

OP
OP
chrlsful

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
that’s very helpful, nvrstuck, thank you:
confirms the above thread on drip rail (I’ve had 3, 4 bronks - back in ‘80s - building this 1 I kept) & never saw the chrome up there). I
may have seen the dash chrome ona pic right on our site here ('90s?). Just cant remember the look or if 2 or one piece.
AND
RH were on 68/9. (Another 1 I never saw). I had pretty rough '68, ’73, 75, & 77 (as I remember each for it’s parts contribution to my ’70 - pull out window frames, windshield to hood latch, chrome whidshield ‘hand-nuts’, frnt bench seat, a/c snorkle, flipper fuel doors... more)...
EDIT:
and now bowsher -
so this was ‘lack of something”? or was there a plate, something to see? or just no box, hoses, dash knobs/pull, openings in the dash pad, etc...?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Heater deletes were on several years, especially on the exports to South America. None of the heater assembly, hoses, cables, knobs, etc. were present, and on the 66' heater delete the 66 year only fender to firewall brace was deleted also.

66' Pony interior with the 998 trim code.

Any trim code that started with a 6, which was just a driver seat only.

67' had lots of interior one year only items other than the Sport dash trim. Dash knobs, radio knobs, window cranks and door handles, interior door panels(both sport and non sport panels), horn button. The jack holder that was a twisted rod threaded on one end that held the jack inside the spare tire.

Some 68' had an additional vin tag between the windshield and the dash pad.

I'm not up on the later model quirks so hopefully someone else will chime in on those.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
EDIT:
and now bowsher -
so this was ‘lack of something”? or was there a plate, something to see? or just no box, hoses, dash knobs/pull, openings in the dash pad, etc...?
Don't remember.
Back when Randy has his Bronco yard he got one in that was a factory heater delete. Looking it over, it was a true factory never had a heater vehicle. Don't remember more than that.

Gsxr7000

Contributor
My bronco has the bottom dash trim. It's kind of a Frankenstein bronco. From what I can tell, 67 body with a 73 frame and titled a 73. 67 knuckles and dana 30 front axle. I believe the dash tag shows it had a inline 6 in it.

OP
OP
chrlsful

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
Don't remember.
Back when Randy has his Bronco yard he got one in that was a factory heater delete. Looking it over, it was a true factory never had a heater vehicle. Don't remember more than that.
still certainly counts. Love pic of the oddities, there seems to B quite a few of them I am learning now.

My bronco has the bottom dash trim. It's kind of a Frankenstein bronco. From what I can tell, 67 body with a 73 frame and titled a 73. 67 knuckles and dana 30 front axle. I believe the dash tag shows it had a inline 6 in it.
Can you grab a pic of it (dash trim on dash)? Some of this sounds like 2nd, 3rd owner mods elsewhere? Must be oem trim tho as U say itsa ’67.

Gsxr7000

Contributor
still certainly counts. Love pic of the oddities, there seems to B quite a few of them I am learning now.

Can you grab a pic of it (dash trim on dash)? Some of this sounds like 2nd, 3rd owner mods elsewhere? Must be oem trim tho as U say itsa ’67.
You will have zoom in some. I can grab some better picture later

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240702_071843_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240702_071843_Gallery.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 71

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I forgot about the low compression 170 6cy that were used for export over several years, and the low compression 302 for export in 1970 only.

OP
OP
chrlsful

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
You will have zoom in some. I can grab some better picture later
that’s great. Slightly familiar (from these pages earlier) 6 - 12 yrs ago?
I am really bad w/the past “When did I get married? my mom die?” etc.
Where is the “upper” on these? Ur is really rare if beliving post #1 above...
Any ideas on # of productions? (better ask Todd?)

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
that’s great. Slightly familiar (from these pages earlier) 6 - 12 yrs ago?
I am really bad w/the past “When did I get married? my mom die?” etc.
Where is the “upper” on these? Ur is really rare if beliving post #1 above...
Any ideas on # of productions? (better ask Todd?)

The 67' sports had them unless deleted at the request of the owner. So at most 1,378 u15's and 86 u14's.

OP
OP
chrlsful

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
what about "the jack" areas?
I bet there’s a alota different (again MY label for them) trinkets there too. I
see mounts in (I think) 2 bed places and 2 under hood. May B the tail-gait
spare mount or bed mount? still not clear on RH. What yrs offered. As said
above ‘ordered as an individual item’? How bout the single remote control
exterior rear view. Others?
Mechanical: I no the 2 yr 3.3L, air bags in coil springs (frnt only), '76/7 tie rod
discs, all the axle changes (3 wheel bearing sizes - I guess all these are
covered elsewhere ina ‘stickie’ on the site?)...
“Trims v Mechanical” again, not detailin out ‘baja’ or other specials.

OP
OP
chrlsful

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
what about "the jack" areas?
yup, lots there (’66-’72). Lill fasteners’n hardware for on inner tail gait
VS
bulkhead back
and under hood. The u.h. hada lill bag. The other 2 were different than the spare tire mount exterior
tail gait
stuff. One lill center rod on ’66 -’72 & it’s wing nut were all that was repeated on the tailgate V bulkhead.
It was bent in a pretty convoluted way to hold the lill bottle jack. I was never interested in this stuff when in local
junk yards (‘80s) and went for frnt & rear bench seats, other bigger stuff (D44 & bent8 motor mounts).

What yrs were RHs a buyer choosable option? All 11 yrs?
No any1 who reproduces any of these lill items but spare
tire rack (on out side of bed) & under-hood-jack items. I
see most the vendors supply those.

OP
OP
chrlsful

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
on ‘wrong' side too?
And look how the floor was embossed too.
Was this “all ‘67s”?

SeaVee

Contributor
My Marti report on my 77 says only 29 produced with my exact trim, paint, and mechanicals. How could that be right?

Attachments

• marti report 1977 Bronco (1) 2.pdf
    214.8 KB · Views: 19