• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rat Bronco Crawler

79INA69

What is your track width on those axles? What backspace are on those wheels? Looks great, good stance!

OP
OP
GloNDark

GloNDark

What is your track width on those axles? What backspace are on those wheels? Looks great, good stance!

Just shy of 82" outside of tire to outside of tire in the front. Rear is just a bit over 80".

Looked at the receipt for the wheels and realized they are 17x10 wheels not 9" wide. But they are 4.75" Backspace

Contributor
What’s the measurement to the bottom of the frame below the front floor pan body mount? Mine is sitting at 27 3/16” and I suspect it’ll come down a little as I finish out the build curious how tall yours is.
Also mine ended up being about 82” wide in the front also.

OP
OP
GloNDark

GloNDark

What’s the measurement to the bottom of the frame below the front floor pan body mount? Mine is sitting at 27 3/16” and I suspect it’ll come down a little as I finish out the build curious how tall yours is.
Also mine ended up being about 82” wide in the front also.

I kept meaning to measure the frame height and forgetting when I was in the shop. Frame at the front floor pan body mount is 24 1/8" tall with street pressure of 25psi in the tires.

Crazylilgreenmen

Loc.
North Texas
Also got the radio, speakers and Gear Banger installed. Next up, paint the gear banger.
fetch
fetch
fetch
fetch
Where did you get the speakers under the back seat?

pocketlock

Loving this! Similar stance to what i'm looking for as we get closer to finishing our '70 as well! Wide and low! What long arm kit are you running in the front? And do you know what flares you have? I'm looking to eventually open up the wheel wells in the future but my current flares won't allow it. We won't be going tons, just full width 1/2 ton axles and 37s but I am digging the setup on your rig!

Attachments

• 355830874_1611728822681404_1361304131461181370_n.jpg
    355830874_1611728822681404_1361304131461181370_n.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
GloNDark

GloNDark

The front has Duff long radius arms. They are BEEFY. The fender flares are Warflares from Wildhorse4x4. The previous owner put a ton of screws in, I was originally going to take them off and replace them but found some decent sized black rivets on Amazon and replaced them all.

pocketlock

Do you have any pictures or measurements of how yours sliders/rock skis are done? Looking to do something similar with my bronco, especially after catching the rocker this weekend wheeling.

OP
OP
GloNDark

GloNDark

The previous owner did the rockers. They are just 2x6 .250 wall steel that is welded to the cut rocker panels. They are not pretty but they are stout. I will snap a new pics later today. On project this winter will be to tie them and the cage into the frame and really finish them off.

pocketlock

The previous owner did the rockers. They are just 2x6 .250 wall steel that is welded to the cut rocker panels. They are not pretty but they are stout. I will snap a new pics later today. On project this winter will be to tie them and the cage into the frame and really finish them off.
Awesome! Thank you! My plan is similar, star with the body, then when I redo the cage tie them in there to tie them to the frame. Via bolts or bushings.

pocketlock

Also, did you have to cut or hammer any on the rear inner fenders? Any photos of that? Thanks in advance!

pocketlock

Were you ever able to get some photos of the installation of your rock sliders? Close to selling both of my rigs and between yours and "coco"/ Dusty's rig, I'll be starting on my long travel 37/38 LCG build with the freed up funds. Have you gotten a chance to wheel your rig any? Anything you'd do different if you did it again?