• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

rear brake lights

daves bronco

Loc.
Bonney lake WA
I have a stock 66 and only the driver side brake light is working, turn signals are still working normal. bulbs are good, wire is good, its just not getting its 12volts, wire disappaers under the dash. anybody have any ideas before i tear appart the dash.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
If both rear turn signals work then all the wiring from the turn switch to the bulbs is good.
If one brake light works, then all the wiring from the brake switch to the turn switch is good.
The only thing that leaves is a bad turn switch. Which is a common failure item. I generally get about 8 years out of one.

OP
OP
D

daves bronco

Loc.
Bonney lake WA
yeah the turn signal both work just the brake light on the passsenger side is not working. by the turn signal switch do you mean the one in the steering colum. it only about a year old and a PITA to get two cause my steering wheel sticks.