• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

rear storage

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
Tuffy is going to make a trunk specifically for the Bronco. I believe dimensions are going to be 44" W x 11" D x 19" H. Our design guy is working on drawings today so it shouldn't be too long before they are available. This is a project in conjunction with Wild Horses and they have an order in for the first batch of them already.

Nice, Since this is a just for EB unit, could it be made with a slight angle on one side to take advantage of the slope of the seat back to get a little more space. I made a speaker box with one angled side and got almost an extra cubic foot out of it and when the tail gate is up it sort of locks it in place. At least it made it too difficult for the guys that tried to rip off my speaker box to figure out...

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I to got a walmart special plastic box it was up to the sides looked like a pickup tool box ..But remember mine is a 1/2 cab there was just for a spare tire to lean on the box at an angle ...Running Buddy thought we had to pull it out when we took it to N Mexico hunting ..I've never put it back in ...was about 69.95 held jumper cables jack and wrenches and a tarp...and 5 gallon of fuel. And a gallon of water .

BlazinCopper

Loc.
Jackson, TN
I started thinking outside the box yesterday ;D (get it "storage box);D OK it didn't sound that funny to me either. :p I started thing about what would have small storage boxes and thought about some of the 4 wheeler storage boxes. So I started looking and found a couple boxes that might work. I'm going to look a little more and see what else is out there, I think some of the ATV boxes might be some good options.

http://www.mooseutilities.com/products.jsp?level1=975&product_group_id=4865

http://www.mooseutilities.com/products.jsp?level1=975&product_group_id=4864

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
I went to costco and got mine yesterday I will post some pics after work today. .. $75 that is inclueding tax.. great deal, comes with hardware to bold to truck and locks on both boxes. looks just like yours except the lid has a arm that auto opens it..

Attachments

• 017s.JPG
    017s.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 005s.JPG
    005s.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 006s.JPG
    006s.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 007s.JPG
    007s.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 145
  • small box.JPG
    small box.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I went to costco and got mine yesterday I will post some pics after work today. .. $75 that is inclueding tax.. great deal, comes with hardware to bold to truck and locks on both boxes. looks just like yours except the lid has a arm that auto opens it..

May have to hook up and use your Costco card.. ;)

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Tuffy is going to make a trunk specifically for the Bronco. I believe dimensions are going to be 44" W x 11" D x 19" H. Our design guy is working on drawings today so it shouldn't be too long before they are available. This is a project in conjunction with Wild Horses and they have an order in for the first batch of them already.

How do you account for all of the various roll bar/cage configurations?

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York

I just found/purchased this one on boston craiglist, http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-140-071-expandable-rear-security-lockbox.aspx
it will be shipped tomorrow, its brand new, owner does not need it anymore, sold the Heep, I do have the space for it, I moved the rear seat forward about 8 inches a while ago, should be enough for a good fit.Best of all, the price could not be beat...$100.00

BlazinCopper

Loc.
Jackson, TN

Do you have an item number - i was going to try to order it online, but I couldn't find it on their website. I searched for Larin and for storage boxes

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
I will half to go back to cosco and look for the item number, I also looked for it on larin and cosco site and could not find it, but it is still in the store, I will swing by there today to see if i can find the item number.. maybe i will half to buy them all and ship them to everyone that wants one.. .lol..

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
ok.. stopped by cosco and the number on the tag was 309460 .. and the bar code was 0 000003094600 .. dont know if this helps or not..

I tried to find it on thier website and could not. You may half to call them directly.. the store i went to is in overland park, kansas.

BlazinCopper

Loc.
Jackson, TN
ok.. stopped by cosco and the number on the tag was 309460 .. and the bar code was 0 000003094600 .. dont know if this helps or not..

I tried to find it on thier website and could not. You may half to call them directly.. the store i went to is in overland park, kansas.

Thanks alot, I'll call our closest CostCo and see if they have it. Thanks again.

Raskew

Loc.
Vancouver, B.C.
I was thinking of building something like this. I'm not sure who's truck this is and I can't remember where i got the pics from, but I like the idea of the seat sitting on top of a built in framework where the drawer goes right under the rear seat.

Rick

Attachments

• Rear Seat Understorage 3.jpg
    Rear Seat Understorage 3.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 123
  • Rear Seat Understorage 2.jpg
    Rear Seat Understorage 2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 113
  • Rear Seat Understorage 1.jpg
    Rear Seat Understorage 1.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 133

matt w

Bronco Guru
I was thinking of building something like this. I'm not sure who's truck this is and I can't remember where i got the pics from, but I like the idea of the seat sitting on top of a built in framework where the drawer goes right under the rear seat.

Rick

Now that is SWEET!

tuffy

How do you account for all of the various roll bar/cage configurations?

We made the storage trunk to dimensions that should fit most configurations but we still recommend that each customer check the specs and compare to their set up.

dougyounger

Contributor
Finally got my contributor status back. Here are pics of my removable locking rear storage unit I discussed in a previous post.

In the third and fourth pictures, I tipped the unit 90 degrees to the side to show how it hooks to the Bronco. Makes it very easy to install or remove quickly.

It fits well behind the back seat in the stock position. I have it off to the drivers side to leave larger room on one end.

Attachments

• storage.jpg
    storage.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 73
  • storage inside.jpg
    storage inside.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 41
  • storage brackets.jpg
    storage brackets.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 49
  • storage bracket:rods.jpg
    storage bracket:rods.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 64

matt w

Bronco Guru
Finally got my contributor status back. Here are pics of my removable locking rear storage unit I discussed in a previous post.

In the third and fourth pictures, I tipped the unit 90 degrees to the side to show how it hooks to the Bronco. Makes it very easy to install or remove quickly.

It fits well behind the back seat in the stock position. I have it off to the drivers side to leave larger room on one end.

..That is nice also....I kind of like the off-set and space allowed because of it. Great idea

BlazinCopper

Loc.
Jackson, TN
Finally found me a nice box, it locks and has a shock. Then, of course, had to make it match. "Rhino Lined" it and it's ready to install.

Attachments

• 0622091332a.jpg
    0622091332a.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 0622091726a.jpg
    0622091726a.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 0622091726b.jpg
    0622091726b.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 42
  • 0622091559.jpg
    0622091559.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 0622091332.jpg
    0622091332.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 42
  • 0622091726.jpg
    0622091726.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 62

fastback

Loc.
Asheboro, NC
rear storage box

Here is my version of trunk storage space. I will finish it up with some black felt on the inside black paint on the outside or maybe even a rhino line material??

Attachments

• ebtrunk 004.jpg
    ebtrunk 004.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 66
  • ebtrunk 005.jpg
    ebtrunk 005.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 81
  • ebtrunk 006.jpg
    ebtrunk 006.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 48
  • ebtrunk 008.jpg
    ebtrunk 008.jpg