• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

rear storage

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Finally got my contributor status back. Here are pics of my removable locking rear storage unit I discussed in a previous post.

In the third and fourth pictures, I tipped the unit 90 degrees to the side to show how it hooks to the Bronco. Makes it very easy to install or remove quickly.

It fits well behind the back seat in the stock position. I have it off to the drivers side to leave larger room on one end.

I did this in my 76 and it worked great. Best thing was if you needed the room you just opened the cover and turned the 4 locks and lifted it out.

Maybe I should get another one. Where did you get it from?

matt w

Bronco Guru
Finally got my contributor status back. Here are pics of my removable locking rear storage unit I discussed in a previous post.

In the third and fourth pictures, I tipped the unit 90 degrees to the side to show how it hooks to the Bronco. Makes it very easy to install or remove quickly.

It fits well behind the back seat in the stock position. I have it off to the drivers side to leave larger room on one end.

So..how do you secure the box to the posts on the flow?
I have an idea but what do you do?
Also is the box made by Delta? I really like the idea!

broncokak

Bronco Guru
So..how do you secure the box to the posts on the flow?
I have an idea but what do you do?
Also is the box made by Delta? I really like the idea!

There is a mounting bracket that bolts / screws to the floor and then the box has 4 locks that lock into it. The cover locks as well.

matt w

Bronco Guru
Finally found me a nice box, it locks and has a shock. Then, of course, had to make it match. "Rhino Lined" it and it's ready to install.

Hey Blazin ..who makes that box?
Do you have any dimensions for that?
Thanks

matt w

Bronco Guru
Here is that box..unpainted...the fit is perfect :cool: & cost even better! ;D

It is not mounted just yet.

I am going to add a under-seat drawer that Tuffy makes I kept it out of my jeep.
... http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-93-021-underseat-security-drawer.aspx

I will mount this box to that which would raise the box an added 3 inches or so. :cool:

Hopefully it'll all work! ? %) ;D

Attachments

• Box 1.jpg
    Box 1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Box 2.jpg
    Box 2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 44
  • box 3.jpg
    box 3.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 50
  • box 4.jpg
    box 4.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 37

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
wow I like that box. Where did you get it and how much if I may ask?

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
here's a pic of my setup. think i got the aluminum box off ebay, the red box is a craftsman side hang box. then i put the loop bolt in to hook my dog to, and my stool, metrinch set, and 4 way fit between the two boxes. i use a small padlock to lock my metrinch set to the handle of the box so it doesn't walk off.

Attachments

• DSCN0135.JPG
    DSCN0135.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 60

matt w

Bronco Guru
here's a pic of my setup. think i got the aluminum box off ebay, the red box is a craftsman side hang box. then i put the loop bolt in to hook my dog to, and my stool, metrinch set, and 4 way fit between the two boxes. i use a small padlock to lock my metrinch set to the handle of the box so it doesn't walk off.

....NICEEEE !! :cool: