• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear wheel bearing (yeah I know)

rtj731

Didn't want to hijack the other threads.

My right rear is seeping, pulled it no obvious damage, My question after searching threads and vendors. 31 spline yukon with tapered bearings, where can I purchase the bering and seal plus the bearing retainer ring?

I plan on making calls in the Am but if someone knows, could save me time and calls.

Thanks
Jay

Nothing goes right days before the MEB round up%)

AussieBronco

Bronco Hut can sort you out. Jeff's as well. I believe they both get there stuff originally from Randy's ring and pinion but I'd go through one of the bronco vendors (Melissa at bronco hut is very helpful) as they know the application better.

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
I installed the Yukon 31 splines and new bearings and seals a few years ago... I never could get them to stop leaking until Todd Z I believe it was told me to pull the axles, bearings and seals out. Clean it up and use (I am going to butcher the spelling here) Hylomar or something like that sealant in the seat for the bearing races. It has not leaked a drop since.

If I need to look at the tube when I get home to get the correct spelling let me know. It really does work.... I picked it up at autozone I think. It has been years.

Greg

OP
OP
rtj731

rtj731

I installed the Yukon 31 splines and new bearings and seals a few years ago... I never could get them to stop leaking until Todd Z I believe it was told me to pull the axles, bearings and seals out. Clean it up and use (I am going to butcher the spelling here) Hylomar or something like that sealant in the seat for the bearing races. It has not leaked a drop since.

If I need to look at the tube when I get home to get the correct spelling let me know. It really does work.... I picked it up at autozone I think. It has been years.

Greg

Interesting, never thought of that.

Thanks

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
where can I purchase the bering and seal plus the bearing retainer ring?
Just go to parts store and ask for "A20" bearing set, it includes bearing, race and seal.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I believe the big Broncos used those parts.

Yes they did, I should add this will work on the big bearing rear ends that have been upgraded to 31 spline, I have them on both my 74&76, not sure about the small.

OP
OP
rtj731

rtj731

Thanks all, will shop around for the A20, and the Hylomar