• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Red Label 68 4.6 Terminator Powered Bronco

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Hahaha thanks, I was wondering if there was some hidden advantage to running a return up there that I didn't know about.

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

have you had it up to highway speeds yet? how do you like the tires? How do you plan on balancing them?

looks damn good!

No, no, and probably beads.

Still gotta finish building the hoop strut and bend a new trac bar. Probably in another month. Plan is to try and get as much done as possible in the next week for Knott's if I got my registration in time. Still waiting to hear back. Thought I sent in the paper work and noticed it on my desk on Monday. As soon as I get it back from Knott's I've gotta pull the T case and send it out to Stak to get the Speed Sensor cut into the housing. That'll take from 2-5 weeks depending on where they are in machining.

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Added some bling.

This Bronco is Snake Bit.

Bronco002.jpg

Bronco003.jpg

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Update 3/30/11

So I got everything bent last night that I need to finish her up, plus some. Even got the tube for the Miata Baby Bronco bent up. Probably take me through the weekend to get everything up and in since I bent like 3 sticks of tube last night. Spare tire carrier is tacked. But is cutting the tire plate today. Looks like my idea of taking the bottom OE hinge and flipping it up to the driver side is going to work perfect. Plan on using safety lock pins to lock it in. Something easy to pull off that won't grow legs, require a tool to unlock, and no complicated latching assembly that just wears out. Will probably use a little patch of Teflon or rubber between the plate and OE hinges to minimize rattling. Finally clicked an under hood shot too. Only major thing left to so under there is complete the hoop brace.

Bronco33011003.jpg

Bronco33011001.jpg

Bronco33011002.jpg

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
I am totally stealing your tire carrier design!

what do you mean by flipping the OE hinges though? which OE hinges? and where/how?

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

I am totally stealing your tire carrier design!

what do you mean by flipping the OE hinges though? which OE hinges? and where/how?

So the rear of the quarter panel is shaped like ) where the hinges bolt to the rear passenger side corner that the OE spare tire carrier swings from.
The top hinge is bent to cup the corner at a negative angle and the bottom one is bent to cup the lower corner at a positive angle. If you remove the lower one flip it upside down and put it on the upper driver side it then has the same angle to match the upper passenger side hinge. Just level them out drill 4 holes and bolt it in. The leg that returns toward the tail gate is a hair too long and needs to be trimmed by 1/4". Cut and use backing plates instead of washers. So I'm just going to weld a 1/4" flat plate to the top of the tube arms that come in and use a 5/8"x3" Clevis. I just need to find a 1/16 sleeve cause I don't like how loose it is. No one makes 11/16" anything, and I don't want to drill it out to 3/4". At 5/8" I can use a receiver hitch lock so nobody can steal my spare and it would look really clean.

so you're bringing this thing to fab fords at knotts? looking forward to seeing it!

Hopefully, I totally screwed up last week and forgot to send my registration in. Realized it on Monday sent it in, called, and emailed. The lady said they will try to fit it in, which was positive to hear but the website said full not excepting any more registrations, which is scary.

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Update 3/31/11

So welded in the driver side tubes last night. I hate welding body work. It takes foooooooooooooorever. Oh well front was a pain but the rear went fairly smooth. I think I'm going to get the tubes LineXed. But I'm really happy with the lines and only had to put a couple small 2-3 degree bends in to make it somewhat follow the contour of the body coming down into the sliders.

bronco33111006.jpg

bronco33111002.jpg

bronco33111001.jpg

bronco33111004.jpg

bronco33111005.jpg

bronco33111003.jpg

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Ive been following this thread for quite sometime now. Just when I thought it could not get better it does. You are one hell of a talented guy!!! I cant wait to see this thing finished. And if ever you decide to sell, hit me up ;D Even though I have seen the pics, I still have trouble conceiving how you managed to fit everything in there. Simply incredible!!!

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Update 4/3/11

So got the mounting plate for the spare tire all welded in, flipped and bolted up the driver side tire carrier attachment, and welded in the rollcage supports. She's off to LineX on Wednesday for spray on the fender tubes. All that's left before LineX is capping the 2x6 sliders, front tower brace, and possibly rear spare tire bars if there's time.

Bronco4311002.jpg

Front Support
Bronco4311006.jpg

Middle Support
Bronco4311003.jpg

Rear Hinge Flipped and Bolted to Driver Side
Bronco4311007.jpg

Bronco4311008.jpg

eb-nutt1

Great work on the tube fender rub rails. What size tubing you use? Also, do you plan on tying the tubing into the inner body structure somehow to keep the tubing from bending in near the center of the wheel arch during rock rubbing moments?

Brian

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

are those hinges from a stock tire carrier you switched over to the top of the driver side?

Yes sir. At least as far as I know. They were the ones that were on it and the other one in my back yard when I bought them, anyways.

Great work on the tube fender rub rails. What size tubing you use? Also, do you plan on tying the tubing into the inner body structure somehow to keep the tubing from bending in near the center of the wheel arch during rock rubbing moments?

Brian

1.75"/.120 Wall I will more than likely add supports to the fronts, but not the rears. The rears are so tight to the wheel well structure pinch welds that they are strong as hell. The fronts will be nice cause it'll give points to bolt the inner fenders to that I'll eventually make before next winter or any mud thrashing.

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Nope, hold up on the now custom order Stak B-box. They mainly sell the mini and monster now so production of the B's are pretty much when they get time. I can't layout the 1 / Uni link setup or axles until I get that T case in to start laying out links, trac bars, hoops, and all. Talked to them yesterday and they said all they are waiting on is gears to get back from heat treating. Should be the week after next. Then I can start rolling.

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Fabulous Fords Forever "Knott's Berry Farm"

Just letting anyone that's heading out there or close by, I'll have her a Fabulous Fords this weekend at Knott's Berry in SoCal.