• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Red Label 68 4.6 Terminator Powered Bronco

jmhend

Bronco Guru
nice build. Funny how the lines get better when you stop drinking... I think mine get better when I drink, but only when I am drinking of course

57baja

Contributor
Well welded the slider bars in and took her out to see the light of day and load her up to go over to wiring. Flexed her out a bit just to kinda see how things looked. I need to move the brake booster over a little tighter to the drivers fender and might have to bucket the frame a little to clear the coils. Only flexed it to this point because I haven't cut the rear fenders yet and it was already contacting them. Like I said the rear has a lot more weight to still be added so it'll sit a lot lower in the rear. The front shocks were empty and the rears were loaded to 100 PSI or so I don't remember exactly. When I get her back I'll be adding the B pillar X, attaching the slider bars to the 4 underside cage plates, and the other things listed earlier.

RedLabel1911002.jpg

RedLabel1911006.jpg

RedLabel1911005.jpg

RedLabel1911010.jpg

RedLabel1911011.jpg

RedLabel1911013.jpg

RedLabel1911008.jpg

RedLabel1911014.jpg

Looks sweet, do you live somewhere off Santa Teresa & Highland? We poured a lot of concrete around there and I'm always checking out everyones shops when driving around;D Would be nice having you for a neighbor instead of everyone with clapped out Honda's and Expeditions with 28'' stagecoach wheels parked all up and down the street!!!!!!!

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Looks sweet, do you live somewhere off Santa Teresa & Highland? We poured a lot of concrete around there and I'm always checking out everyones shops when driving around;D Would be nice having you for a neighbor instead of everyone with clapped out Honda's and Expeditions with 28'' stagecoach wheels parked all up and down the street!!!!!!!

Sorry south county. What you peepin on everyones yards for anyways? lol That's an easy way of getting shot at down here.

wholy cow thats a big rig, looks awesome

Compared to most running this size meats it's actually quit small. It was really tough to even get all the steering components to clear due to it being stuffed so low. Kinda like how some think that the SuperCrawler is so huge. At Top Truck there were actually about 4 other rigs that were much taller than the Superduty running 54"s. Yesterday I saw a leaf sprung Superduty with 54"s and it was about 10' tall the SuperCrawler is only 8' tall. That's shorter than some Superduty's running 35"s. I'll bet when this is done and I get her set up RedLabel will sit lower than most EB's running 37"s.

how much are you cutting the rear wheel wells?

awesome build!

It might change a little but roughly this much. The outside set of lines will be the fender tube.
RedLabelBuild62910035-1.jpg

57baja

Contributor
Sorry south county. What you peepin on everyones yards for anyways? lol That's an easy way of getting shot at down here.

Compared to most running this size meats it's actually quit small. It was really tough to even get all the steering components to clear due to it being stuffed so low. Kinda like how some think that the SuperCrawler is so huge. At Top Truck there were actually about 4 other rigs that were much taller than the Superduty running 54"s. Yesterday I saw a leaf sprung Superduty with 54"s and it was about 10' tall the SuperCrawler is only 8' tall. That's shorter than some Superduty's running 35"s. I'll bet when this is done and I get her set up RedLabel will sit lower than most EB's running 37"s.

It might change a little but roughly this much. The outside set of lines will be the fender tube.
RedLabelBuild62910035-1.jpg

How long have you been building it? When it is done will that be your trail rig or did you just build it for a challenge? You have some good skills.

mavereq

Bronco Guru
looking awesome man. i'm too lazy to go back and look.... what are you running for a transmission?

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

How long have you been building it? When it is done will that be your trail rig or did you just build it for a challenge? You have some good skills.

I originally started it back in late '09. Thought I'd just throw it in and build it up as I go. Completely didn't touch it for several months though due to some personal issues. A little over a year.

Got tired of trailering rigs all around Cali. Wanted to build an over the top trial rig that can drive to and from the trail.

And thank you.

looking awesome man. i'm too lazy to go back and look.... what are you running for a transmission?

Art Carr C6 w/ manual valve body

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Real men drive it to AND from the trail ;)

so when are you goin wheelin? Bring on the youtube videos!

Should have her refired by the end of next week. Wiring guy is making good progress. Then I can start getting all the finishing touches as far as painting the cage, the fender tube, rear tire carrier, and gears.

57baja

Contributor
[AQUOTE=houseofdiesel;1749159]Should have her refired by the end of next week. Wiring guy is making good progress. Then I can start getting all the finishing touches as far as painting the cage, the fender tube, rear tire carrier, and gears.[/QUOTE]

Are you using a cobra computer or a stand alone set up? I bought an AFM motorsports computer but haven't had the money for a dyno tune. Do you have any idea where you are going to get a tune? I found a couple of places in Hayward. When your bronco is running I bet that will be a riot in Pismo.

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

[AQUOTE=houseofdiesel;1749159]Should have her refired by the end of next week. Wiring guy is making good progress. Then I can start getting all the finishing touches as far as painting the cage, the fender tube, rear tire carrier, and gears.

Are you using a cobra computer or a stand alone set up? I bought an AFM motorsports computer but haven't had the money for a dyno tune. Do you have any idea where you are going to get a tune? I found a couple of places in Hayward. When your bronco is running I bet that will be a riot in Pismo.[/QUOTE]

Ed's Speed Shop in Hollister is doing the wiring and tuning. They have their own dyno and Evin has been doing custom EFI tuning and stand alone systems for the past several years on all kinds of cars from Mustangs up to Lamborghini's. Small father son shop. Very clean work and not going to take you to the cleaners just cause they know how to do something you don't. My system is the Accel stand alone. I ran it for 2 years and had Evan adjust it once from it's generic settings to lean it out. He's worked with all kinds off systems and set them up for both street and off-road since they used to do a lot of Sand rails.

57baja

Contributor
Are you using a cobra computer or a stand alone set up? I bought an AFM motorsports computer but haven't had the money for a dyno tune. Do you have any idea where you are going to get a tune? I found a couple of places in Hayward. When your bronco is running I bet that will be a riot in Pismo.

Ed's Speed Shop in Hollister is doing the wiring and tuning. They have their own dyno and Evin has been doing custom EFI tuning and stand alone systems for the past several years on all kinds of cars from Mustangs up to Lamborghini's. Small father son shop. Very clean work and not going to take you to the cleaners just cause they know how to do something you don't. My system is the Accel stand alone. I ran it for 2 years and had Evan adjust it once from it's generic settings to lean it out. He's worked with all kinds off systems and set them up for both street and off-road since they used to do a lot of Sand rails.[/QUOTE]

I know Evan he is a smart kid.I went by his dads shop in Gilroy but no one was there. Last time I talked to him he was working at that shop that does Lamborgini work. Did Evan start a shop in Hollister? I was not sure if he was still doing dyno stuff.For a young guy he knows his stuff. Maybe I could get a hold of Evan to do my bronco. I have seen a lot of the cars he tuned about 5 years ago very impressive from turbo hondas to ls1 stuff.

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Ed's Speed Shop in Hollister is doing the wiring and tuning. They have their own dyno and Evin has been doing custom EFI tuning and stand alone systems for the past several years on all kinds of cars from Mustangs up to Lamborghini's. Small father son shop. Very clean work and not going to take you to the cleaners just cause they know how to do something you don't. My system is the Accel stand alone. I ran it for 2 years and had Evan adjust it once from it's generic settings to lean it out. He's worked with all kinds off systems and set them up for both street and off-road since they used to do a lot of Sand rails.

I know Evan he is a smart kid.I went by his dads shop in Gilroy but no one was there. Last time I talked to him he was working at that shop that does Lamborgini work. Did Evan start a shop in Hollister? I was not sure if he was still doing dyno stuff.For a young guy he knows his stuff. Maybe I could get a hold of Evan to do my bronco. I have seen a lot of the cars he tuned about 5 years ago very impressive from turbo hondas to ls1 stuff.[/QUOTE]

Ed's Speed Shop
300 Park Center Dr
Suite 8
408-315-9452

57baja

Contributor
I know Evan he is a smart kid.I went by his dads shop in Gilroy but no one was there. Last time I talked to him he was working at that shop that does Lamborgini work. Did Evan start a shop in Hollister? I was not sure if he was still doing dyno stuff.For a young guy he knows his stuff. Maybe I could get a hold of Evan to do my bronco. I have seen a lot of the cars he tuned about 5 years ago very impressive from turbo hondas to ls1 stuff.

Ed's Speed Shop
300 Park Center Dr
Suite 8
408-315-9452[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info I appreciate it. I wonder if I could have said stuff a few more times in that last post

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Update 1/31/11

So not a hole lot to update on. A jungle of wires looks just like a jungle of wires. Decided since I'm going to be wanting to drive it long distances now I'm going to have to figure a way to mount the air to water intercooler. It looks really clean on the side but comes to close to the wheel opening so we just have to lay it flat. Gauges are all cut and in. The ignition, headlight, winch, and locker switches are all that are left for the dash. I will have 2-4 Switch panels. One will be in front of the shifter box for the line locks, and the other mount to the back of the shifter box for extra lights. Oh and before I get any goofy comments about the amount of gauges, the way I look at it is the motor is going to cost between $5K to $10K if I smoke it. The other thing is it makes it super easy to diagnose most things really quick. I actually get a kick out of watching my gauges on long trips and while out wheeling in my diesels. Last is the location of two of the three sets of rock lights. One on each of the front hoops up against the firewall and the second in the rear wheel wells. Last weren't mounted in yet but will go up just in front of the rear bumpers. Will have some pics next week of most the rest, and a video of her purring away minus exhaust.

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

RedLabelBuild13111005.jpg

RedLabelBuild13111006.jpg

RedLabelBuild13111008.jpg

RedLabelBuild13111007.jpg

mavereq

Bronco Guru
is that heat exchanger gonna get any airflow where you have it? are you going to put some small fans on it?

is there any way you can mount it in the back instead? i see some of the 03 cobra guys run a large reservoir in the spare tire spot in the trunk so you could throw the res and h/e back there. it would at least save on the underhood heat. just an idea.