• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Red Label 68 4.6 Terminator Powered Bronco

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Unbelievable amount of work and well done. Looking forward to a video of this beast in action!

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
Also finally decided on my coil rates and ordered. 100/150 front and rear.

Wow, I would have guessed higher than that. I am very interested to hear how your truck drives with those spring rates. I will be doing my FOA swap on the front end soon and we should have pretty close weights minus the axles. I would like to get it right the first time if possible.

The truck looks great!
Dennis

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Wow, I would have guessed higher than that. I am very interested to hear how your truck drives with those spring rates. I will be doing my FOA swap on the front end soon and we should have pretty close weights minus the axles. I would like to get it right the first time if possible.

The truck looks great!
Dennis

Thanks guys.

Dennis, just remember the FOA's are not Hybrid shocks and will need a heavier spring rating. The massive Race Source Hybrids that I have on the 10K Lb SuperCrawler only use a single 175 Lb. spring on the fronts, but the shock can hold up to 1000 PSI. Hybrids just have a much strong load resistance. Only problem with them is that you need a spring to limit body roll. With a Hybrid shock, they tend to extend very easily so on side hills or turning you get excessive body roll. I have to figure something out for the Miata/Baby Bronco for example, cause running just the Air shocks this will happen. I'm thinking of a way to incorporate an elliptical spring to the front axle to create a roll resistance. A sway bar will limit the articulation too much, and it will never go on the pavement anyways.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Very cool build. Probably a little biased since I own both a Bronco and an 04 Cobra. Best of both worlds! Cant wait to see some footage of that thing screaming!

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Truck looks awesome with the top on! It is deceiving how big it really is!

Also, you convinced me about keeping the top White! Was gonna paint mine black but I think the white looks really cool and CLASSIC!!!!! :cool:

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
The tube fenders are sick! The way you connected it all together is just plain sweet! Great build! Jealous in SC!!!

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Truck looks awesome with the top on! It is deceiving how big it really is!

Also, you convinced me about keeping the top White! Was gonna paint mine black but I think the white looks really cool and CLASSIC!!!!! :cool:

Ya when I was in high school I had a '67 FJ40 and I had it painted dark green and painted the top black. It looked horrible. Even when I had the FJ45 painted all black it looked retarded. With it all Silver now it looks okay. But ya an off set lite color looks perfect. I was worried cause the whole lower edges and bumpers are black, but I figure its kinda like the GT500s. The lower edges of those are blacked out too and it gives it a nice effect, and you never really notice the lower edges being a third color.

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Any luck tuning it? Figure out what plugs and gap?

So have not had time to run her up to Placerville yet for tuning. Kinda been waiting on the new coils at a much liter rate. Came in on Wednesday and got them on today. Nice they bottom out now. Looks like everything came out right were I wanted it. Front comes an inch from fully bottoming out before everything starts hitting or barely clears, so the front will have to have bumps. The picks are basically going to be full bump. The rears are bottomed out. I'll let ya'all know next week what pressures they are set at to raise the front 2.5" and the rear about 3.5". I really don't like the way the wheels look so I'm putting these wheels back on the '11 King Ranch Excursion. For the street I'll be running a set of 40" MTR Kevlars on 17" Welds. I'll have pics next week at ride hight. It'll be awhile until I can let ya know how it handles, being that I have to get it up to Placerville to get the tuning set. Probably get it up there in the next few weeks. Just have to do the new trac bar. Here's the pics of her at full bump and some clearance pics.

Bronco11411004.jpg

Bronco11411013.jpg

Bronco11411006.jpg

Bronco11411007.jpg

Bronco11411009.jpg

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Nice! Still thinking about moving? Is the 2.5 uptravel till it hits the bump hyd bump stops or is that completely bottomed out?

For the front that'll be bottomed out. I have a set of Synergy bumps I'll mount directly under the frame up front. The rear will have a bit more but will have room to bottom out. It was just impossible to get the shocks any higher on the chassis. The hoops are right against the hood up front and tight to the highest point of the rear wheel wells. If I want more down travel my only choice will be to raise the truck and I'm trying to avoid that at all costs. If I would have went with another coilover than Ballistics Hybrid I could have got an inch or so extra, but I wanted these hybrids. They are only 14"s too, and the rears are mounted to the face of the axle to get them as low as possible. I might have to raise it but it's easier working my way up than down.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
At full width I would not be too upset about going up. It looks like it will be quite stable. I would just be worried as 2.5 in not a lot of up travel at all for the front. I would think that the 14"s would be more than enough travel though. Unless you really wanted a 16...

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

At full width I would not be too upset about going up. It looks like it will be quite stable. I would just be worried as 2.5 in not a lot of up travel at all for the front. I would think that the 14"s would be more than enough travel though. Unless you really wanted a 16...

Kinda agree, we'll see.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Kinda agree, we'll see.

Yeah, well partof my logic is flawed due to the fact that aside from trails I like to hit the occasional wash or dune. Therefore needing more up travel. I would not worry about it much on the street or highway at highspeed. Unless you are driving on Michigan roads.